Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
This is certainly not mine but interesting to me. Thought some here would appreciate it. 6'5 and 200 lbs,, skinny fellow for sure.
Model 66... Good choice Mr. Rifleman! (y)(y)(y) :giggle:

I more than make up for his (tall) height and (lean) weight by being short and plump! :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I met Chuck some years ago at an event in L.A . Yep the lad was tall indeed. And yes, how did you come across that card? Inquiring minds.

And now for a tip to you that don't think things out. If you want to chat it up with a woman that is trim, A) do not use the word skinny, B) Use either trim or the best word is slender. Example: "How do you stay so slender? Boy, are you fortunate". You see, slender is a pleasant word, not over the top in any direction.
Use this and even you, can be successful in chatting it up with a willowy redhead.

Reactions: azmick and TTSH

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I had a woodshop teacher back in 1965 who could have doubled for Chuck. He was kind of moody, so of course we were all afraid of him. We figured he must be packin'.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I met Chuck some years ago at an event in L.A . Yep the lad was tall indeed. And yes, how did you come across that card? Inquiring minds.

And now for a tip to you that don't think things out. If you want to chat it up with a woman that is trim, A) do not use the word skinny, B) Use either trim or the best word is slender. Example: "How do you stay so slender? Boy, are you fortunate". You see, slender is a pleasant word, not over the top in any direction.
Use this and even you, can be successful in chatting it up with a willowy redhead.
I too met this gentleman at the Great Western Gun Show in Pomona, CA. Seems to me he was a red head. Big Larry

·
Super Moderator
14,083 Posts
Not related to Mr. Connors.. but to gun registration and permits...

In North Carolina, back in 1937 a purely racist local law was established by the legislature to force handgun registration for one county, Durham County, NC.

This was the only place in North Carolina where you had to register your guns. The law was only enforced when people of a certain race were apprehended and carrying a handgun. The way the law was worded, anyone driving through the county - even on the Interstate - that had a Concealed Carry permit or otherwise still had to register themselves and their gun in Durham County. It was an impractical law.

Working with the Legislature a few years ago, GRNC got agreement to get this law repealed and off the books. It was so old that the text of the law was not available online, and I had to go down to the law library at the capitol to get a photocopy of it's text so that the language could be crafted to repeal it.

Here's a video of the shredding of the registry after the law was repealed:

Prior to repeal, someone sent a photocopy of the handgun registration card for a legislator from Durham that was one of the most anti-gun politicians ever to serve in the legislature. Seemed that he carried a S&W J Frame revolver...

Reactions: azmick

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did you come across that piece of history?
I have friends in Low Places 😁
I bought Becky a ring for her birthday and after looking at a bunch, finally found one small enough (that she would like). I congratulated the maker for making stuff for 'boney' women.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts