Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won the argument as I like Stainless myself I live in FLA and know that stainless holds up well and can be cleaned up and the finish easily restored see the before and after stainless pics that I will attach
His argument for Blue is exactly why I like Stainless steel when you purchase a blued gun you can tell exactly how well it was taken care of if it was carried alot or neglected he also stated that stainless started with the model 60 in 1965 do so if you want a nice HAND FIT collectable revolver that holds its value then Blue is really the only true choice see his attached pic
So do you still feel the same way now as you voted

Attachments

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
OK, I said I preferred stainless then went on to say that now my collection is 50/50, blued and stainless. If I lived in Florida or some other humid place I doubt that would be this situation and I would have more or only stainless. That being said, sometimes the blued ones are too nice to pass up.
Also, not an engineer or anything but I have read multiple places that the carbon steel revolvers are a bit stronger than stainless and I believe if you weigh 2 identical guns, blued and stainless that the blued carbon steel gun will be just a hair heavier as its slightly denser. Not saying stainless steel isn't strong enough, just that carbon steel will be slightly harder to blow up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts