Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my curiosity got the better of me. I also heard biden thinking of trying the AR ban. I know he might not be able too but i figured better get it now before people start to drive prices up.

So in the next several weeks i will be able to do a side by side comparison to the 1022.

Now i need to sell some stuff to pay for it.

· Registered
18,087 Posts
I think you will like it. A friend of mine has a couple 10/22's and I would much rather shoot my 15-22

· Registered
18,087 Posts
I hope it performs per reviews. If so then the 1022 will be parted out.
Tons of mags lol.....cant wait
The key thing to having your new 15-22 run right is proper loading of the magazines. If you just pull down on the load assist tabs and dump rounds in, you will likely end up with a failure to feed. Instead, pull the tab down far enough to get round in and repeat. When done the rims of the ammo will be staggered left, right, left etc.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picked it up from LGS today. Clean and lubed. Switched out extractor. It came with bag,three mags and magpul flip up sights. My OCD brain had me order another while is was waiting for it to arrive. Cant have odd number of mags. Lol....
Anyway impressed with this little guy.
Sub 4.5 lbs ni mag or optic and 5.7 lbs with primary arms 22lr acss . This might just end up with a red dot to keep weight down. A couple of range sessions will be deciding factor. Its just my astigmatism sure makes me doubt my accuracy with the red dot. Maybe sell some optics anf get the new acss 3x .

Keeping weight to minimum or 5lbs is the goal.

Anyway trigger really isnt that bad. I am sure that after a couple thousand rounds it will be even better. Its Better out of the box than some stock ar15 triggers. I do think i will end up switching for flat face trigger only and leave the rest of the trigger group alone. That will give lighter trigger feel.

Yeah adjustable stock a little wobbly. No big deal ill just shim with strip of clear packing tape . I do have another stock i may try.

Grip is fine i may try an old ar15 hogue grip i have. Again provided it keeps weight down .

Sighting in will have to wait for wind to calm down. Looks like thursday.

Definitely going to get out tomorrow and test funtion with aquila, thunderbolt and federal auto match.

Again if it proves as reliable as reviews my 1022 will get parted out. Its 5.8 lbs with no scope. But it sure does feel nice in the hand and is a sweet shooter.
The weight and weight of 1022 mags are the biggest drawback for me.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well 500 hundred rounds. 100 thunderbolt? 100 aquilla and 325 federal automatch. Plus about 70 rounds of duds from other guns.

One failure to fire of known ammo. Some of the same feom the dud mixture.
One failurr to fire from 525 known ammo us great. No other issues. I uses my McFadden quick ligthnin loader no issues feeding.

Dam fun gun.
Ine more range trip like thatand i am a convert.

1022 and mags are soon to be sold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts