Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back I posted a picture of some humorous gun sights.........front sight is a hand with the middle finger extended and the rear sight is a hand with the thumb & fore finger creating the circle of ok, good, etc. The base is a Picatinny mount. I thought they could bring some humor to an otherwise serious firearm, while actually being a viable sighting system.

Well, I ordered a set and since receiving them methinks they are better suited to being "Conversation Piece" than an actual sighting system.....

FlipOssSight_01.JPG

FlipOssSight_02.JPG

FlipOssSight_05.JPG

They are much larger than I thought they'd be.....The rear aperture is a big circle and in my opinion too big to accurately position the front sight in the picture (when aiming).....The front sight finger is highly subject to being bumped and subsequently damaged.....no sight adjustments either (maybe viable if used with adjustable base/rail).

Indeed, they are novel and make you chuckle. Maybe a good photo prop. I put them on a shelf with man-cave type nick-knacks.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I saw a pair on a rifle in the flesh, and although the cool factor is high..pretty much made that gun a no hitter..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts