Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
40,555 Posts
Nice AR pistol! Love the fireball pic.

· Super Moderator
19,593 Posts
There is little to nothing you can do about the fireball. You might reduce the size by changing to a different "Flash can" but AR pistols as you already can see have horrendous fireballs due to the powder burning outside of the barrel. That's part of the reason why AR15's have 16"+ barrel lengths.

Reactions: tpd1749

· Registered
6,254 Posts
If you shoot under a covered position you’ll wish you never had a flash hider. The sound makes everybody jump. The flash cans mentioned earlier were designed to move the sound forward and away from the shooter. Lots of LE SRT crews are armed with the shorter ARs and they have the flash cans on their rifles. They use flash bangs and count on noise and pandemonium to make their targets oin the dynamic entries to become confused and disoriented. But they don’t want to be distracted from the noise of a regular flashider if they have to shoot, therefore the flash cans.

· Registered
9 Posts
I have a lightweight (3.3 pounds) AR pistol with a short (8.25") barrel - it came with a muzzle device \ flash hider, but the muzzle flash was still as big as or bigger than the flash in the picture - and it was teeth-rattling loud, too - the muzzle device was really intended to mitigate muzzle climb when the gun is fired, and it did that - but LOUD, geez . . .

I tried one of the linear compensators designed to direct the blast and noise forward, and it did that to a fair degree, but the gun's reliable operation (cycling) was apparently a bit dependent on the muzzle device that came with the gun, so the linear compensator came off and I went back to the original muzzle device.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts