Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this look like it might do the trick? Traded the EBR Bushmaster for an EBR Colt. You see it here unfired and soon to be sighted in for the first time...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
c pierce said:
Al you should be arrested for taking advantage of that pour soul. :mrgreen:
I tossed in a couple of bucks to assuage my guilt...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Looks like a great day ahead! Let's see some more pics, including targets!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Colt Pre-Ban Collapsible Carbine with a Removable / Flat Top Upper? Unfired? And you're gonna pop it's cherry? Are you mad? :shock:

You could trade that Colt for TWO Bushmaster EBR's and end up with better rifles in much different configurations.....

I invest in Colt's but I shoot and use Bushmasters....

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
CP,

A couple of reasons.

Bushmaster builds a Milspec Gun for the civilian market, even today. Colt does not.

Bushmaster is in on the cutting edge of the M4 improvements, Colt was not.

Colt is a UAW company, Bushmaster is not.

Colt is a stodgy, hidebound, PC company these days, Bushmaster is not. If Colt weren't going broke all the time, they wouldn't even participate in the Civilian Market. Their politics plain suck.

All of this I will say is qualified, as things are changing at Bushmaster Arms with the Remington / Cerberus takeover. My inside sources tell me that there is now corporate pressure to use Cerberus Approved / Owned Vendors (Remington) and supplier assets in place of the previous supply chain. In order to do this, some reduction in quality standards was necessary. Eventhough Cerberus bought them in 2006, they had up until this year, pretty much left Bushmaster alone.

I once quoted a bunch of work for Bushmaster, but haven't in a while.

In my opinion, the Pre-2009 Bushmaster guns were about the finest AR's built for the commercial market.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sebago Son said:
Colt Pre-Ban Collapsible Carbine with a Removable / Flat Top Upper? Unfired? And you're gonna pop it's cherry? Are you mad? :shock:

You could trade that Colt for TWO Bushmaster EBR's and end up with better rifles in much different configurations.....

I invest in Colt's but I shoot and use Bushmasters....
Too late, I already shot it. Took 19 rounds to sight it in. I'll ship it to you for the right price. In fact, I'll deliver it to you for the right price... :)

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Alphonso...

Well, the deed is done.... go ahead and enjoy it now.... Live large as long as the ammo holds out.

'Cides, I already have five AR/EBR's including three Colt's and two Bushmasters... I'd be hogging them I fear.

But you're more than welcome to come on up.... just bring your snowshoes.

Drew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts