Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
I certainly wouldn’t do it myself. I read (about 50 years ago) that a S&W certified smith, would vise-mount the revolver, and strike the barrel with a lead bar .... literally bending the barrel in the direction needed to zero the handgun! memtb

·
Registered
27 Posts
What distance?
What load?
Let someone else try it. And no just your shooting buddy. Let someone who has shot a lot of competition, preferably bullseye. Just because someone has shot for 20+ years does not mean they know how to shoot. 20+ year of making empty brass does not mean they've ever learned how to shoot, only waste ammo.
If you are using the OEM small grip and no filler like a Tyler T then that could be a problem where you're not able to hold it during recoil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
158gr. SWC's and 158gr. LRN. I did calibrate a Model 58 years ago by clamping it in a vise and smacking the barrel with a lead bar with success. Really don't want to have to do that especially with this tiny barrel. I have another 36 that prints perfectly. I will take it out with some different ammo and a buddy who is a very good shot.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Hey P,

In the notch (rear sight channel) you will notice an area...that you can file (very carefully).

Remove materiel on the right side, to shift POI to the right...

Keep us posted...

Lighter bullets most times shoot lower, whilst heavier pills tend to shoot higher...

Later, Mark

Reactions: Wiregrassguy

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
I don't think I'd try to 'tune' the barrel by bending it!!! Apparently, you need to know just the right amount of force. You can just use 'Kentucky Windage' compensation, when you shoot it. You probably don't want a 'paper weight'.....so don't mess with it. Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.