Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Universal, Bullseye, Titegroup, Power Pistol and Titewad. Bullet is a Missouri Bullet 200 gr coated SWC. I have both small primer and large primer brass
TIA!

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I used 231 for years with a 200 grain SWC and still find it works well. Also use Titegroup since I have a few pounds.

·
Registered
21,903 Posts
I used Bullseye, 4.7 gr and it is accurate as anything I have had, no picture bot took 20 for test and at 10 yards out of my Tisas 1911 A1, there were 14 in the bullseye and 6 just skirting in the black.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
15,648 Posts
Bullseye seems to be the most popular for those but when I started reloading in 2014, powder was still in short supply from the 2012-13 shortages. As a result, I bought Titegroup and have been happy with the results.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
I have Universal, Bullseye, Titegroup, Power Pistol and Titewad. Bullet is a Missouri Bullet 200 gr coated SWC. I have both small primer and large primer brass
TIA!

Hey AD,

In order listed. Universal is ideal for TOP LOADS.

Bullseye is great for target level loads..Fast recoil impulse, will work a 1911 with low felt recoil.

TiteGroup is also good for target level loads. Again, fast recoil impulse, will work a 1911 with low felt recoil. Cleaner than Bullseye. Do be careful, as .2 of a grain too much, can be too BLAME MUCH!

Power Pistol is IDEAL for MAXIMUM LOADS with COMPENSATOR.

Tite Wad. REALLY FAST RECOIL IMPULSE. Good for light loads. DO BE CAREFUL!

Pay mind to seating depth, front driving band should be about .030" exposed. Firm taper crimp.

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't shoot 200 grain in .45 ACP but I use W231 with 230 and 255 grain and also in 200 grain 44-40 with good results.

·
Registered
28,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
28,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use the online data from Hodgdon and Alliant. My old Sierra and Speer manuals are long gone and my Nosler is old enough to not have pistol data in it.....

·
Registered
396 Posts
I like Titegroup and W-231 for 45acp. I'm currently trying to use up some Winchester WST that I bought during the Obama years when powder was in high demand and not on shelves much, I bought 4 pounds of it and after playing around with I've come up with a really good loading for my Missouri Bullet 200 gr. RNFP load.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have used a lot of 231 when shooting 200gr LSWC's, followed closely by Titegroup.
Recently I've been experimenting with AA#5 with some really nice groups.

Reactions: Abby'sDad
1 - 16 of 16 Posts