Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range 2 weeks ago and shot for the very first time, definitely enjoyed it, now it’s a hobby I definitely want to get into more. I have lot practicing to do, but looking forward to it. I was mostly 4 and 5, with some scattered shots on other numbers (there were 3 of us shooting). The target ranged from 7-10 yards.

I was shooting a m&p 2.0 compact 4” 9mm, at the time it had stock sites, just added TFX Pro sites yesterday, along with an o-light pl-mini 2.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,371 Posts
Congratulations joining those of us that enjoy the shooting sport.
Be careful, your new found hobby can easily become an obsession, or even an addiction if you let it loose. Many of us have said that we only need one more gun, and that has been repeated over, and over again. Ask my wife, she'll attest to that.

Be safe, and learn to use it responsibly, and you'll grow more efficient as you go along.

Regards,
Gearchecker

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world shooting. Be safe and learn the necessary techniques and you’ll have a hobby you can enjoy the rest of your life.

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Very nice. Welcome.
Now, just slow your pace a bit. Breathe. Take advantage of your natural respiratory pause as you let the shot go. Think trigger control. It's more important than sight alignment and sight picture. Be smooth as you bring the trigger straight back. You'll tighten up those groups in no time. . . . .

OR go out and have fun safely. Buy more guns and show us pictures. :p

·
Registered
17,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum and te wonderful world of shooting. That is very good for first time. Just be safe and enjoy the range time.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Good shooting! Excellent pistol! Welcome to the of shock and awe! Shock b/c you'll get to the point that your will be shocked at how far you progress. Awe b/c when others applaud your efforts you will say ... awe it's no big deal! Dry fire practice. Focus on basic marksmanship skills. Careful thoughtful practice. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Banned
917 Posts
Ruger makes a pistol, the MK series, with 7.5" bull Barrels. The Nambu style slide makes for a very stable scope mount. Get a MKIV, or a MKIII, and a couple boxes of 22LR.
50 yards with a 22, nothing like it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the hobby, stay safe.
Thank you! Safety is definitely my number #1 priority

Dern it....the more ya practice the better you'll get. Just learn more trigger control and yer groups will really shrink...! Good Job....Good Shoot'n....!
Progression in all aspects is my goal.

Congratulations joining those of us that enjoy the shooting sport.
Be careful, your new found hobby can easily become an obsession, or even an addiction if you let it loose. Many of us have said that we only need one more gun, and that has been repeated over, and over again. Ask my wife, she'll attest to that.

Be safe, and learn to use it responsibly, and you'll grow more efficient as you go along.

Regards,
Gearchecker
Yeah I’m definitely getting addicted

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world shooting. Be safe and learn the necessary techniques and you’ll have a hobby you can enjoy the rest of your life.
Thank you!

Well done. I can't even remember the first time I shot a gun..it's kind of like the first time i drove a car; I know I did it...and it must have been fun cuz I'm still doin it!
Yeah it was more than fun! Plan on going to the range Saturday.

Very nice. Welcome.
Now, just slow your pace a bit. Breathe. Take advantage of your natural respiratory pause as you let the shot go. Think trigger control. It's more important than sight alignment and sight picture. Be smooth as you bring the trigger straight back. You'll tighten up those groups in no time. . . . .

OR go out and have fun safely. Buy more guns and show us pictures.
Thanks for the advice

Welcome to the forum and te wonderful world of shooting. That is very good for first time. Just be safe and enjoy the range time.
Safety is a must and will do, thanks.

Good shooting! Excellent pistol! Welcome to the of shock and awe! Shock b/c you'll get to the point that your will be shocked at how far you progress. Awe b/c when others applaud your efforts you will say ... awe it's no big deal! Dry fire practice. Focus on basic marksmanship skills. Careful thoughtful practice. Sincerely. bruce.
Thanks! Any progression is good with me!

Welcome aboard from Virginia! Shooting is one of the most relaxing sports around. The concentration necessary to make good shots helps wipe out other thoughts, gives you time to wind down from the world. Plus, the smell of burning powder is a delight to the mind! Hank
Welcome to the friendly forum from SE AZ.
Good shooting.

Welcome aboard from the
"GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!
Be safe
learn to be better
its a very addictive and expensive hobby/sport/life style.
You seem to be a natural, What took you so long.
Honestly, lack of knowledge and not wanting the responsibility of owning a handgun. But I’m mad at myself that I’ve waited so long lol, thank you for the kind words.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
ooooohhhh getting the toothpaste back in the tube is going to be a task mate....Welcome, now go and get a revolver, you will be hooked then mate …:)

thewelshm

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360

·
Registered
22,175 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good shooting first timer. Your going to love the hobby.:D

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Premium Member
10,789 Posts
Welcome to shooting sports.

Before you go much farther, consider taking a NRA Basic Pistol class from an instructor that can start you off right with some coaching and understanding of how to shoot better.

Do this from the very start before you set some possibly bad habits into muscle memory.

A good coach / instructor can observe you and guide you into making the small improvements that end up in a great target and tactical shooter .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to the fraternity of shooters!
Thank you!!

Welcome to the forum! Good shooting first timer. Your going to love the hobby.
Appreciate it, most definitely growing on me.

Welcome to shooting sports.

Before you go much farther, consider taking a NRA Basic Pistol class from an instructor that can start you off right with some coaching and understanding of how to shoot better.

Do this from the very start before you set some possibly bad habits into muscle memory.

A good coach / instructor can observe you and guide you into making the small improvements that end up in a great target and tactical shooter .
I do plan on that, rather learn as much as possible than learn on my own

1 - 20 of 22 Posts