Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell all, I’ve been searching this forum for information for about 3 weeks now. Today I finally got my hands on my first revolver. Very surprised to find exactly what I was looking for but glad I did. Wondering if anyone would care to date this revolver for me. I have a 586 no dash, blued S&W. Serial number AUB23xx. I’m sending this from my phone, gonna try to attach some photos as well, thanks!
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum! Nice L frame, the Standard Catalog shows that the Three Digit Alpha number that has been reported with AUB dates from 1986.
Thank you for the reply! I think I got a good deal on it as well, for my area. Great shooter and very fun, I’ll have this one for a while.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois..
Congrats on your first and hopefully many more revolvers.

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360

·
Registered
30,038 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As far as your purchase of the 586, and that it's your first S&W revolver....

Your going to have fun with that. Looking forward to the range report to let us know how the 586 functions for you. Congrats!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Great North Woods in Maine. That's a beautiful 586 and I can tell you it is a jewel. I picked up a NIB 686-1 in the mid 1980s , AWBxxxx, and love it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome to the forum! As far as your purchase of the 586, and that it's your first S&W revolver....

View attachment 475682

Your going to have fun with that. Looking forward to the range report to let us know how the 586 functions for you. Congrats!
It’s a blast to shoot, no pun intended haha. Very accurate gun and really fun to ring some steel with, great time at the range today.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts