Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell all, I’ve been searching this forum for information for about 3 weeks now. Today I finally got my hands on my first revolver. Very surprised to find exactly what I was looking for but glad I did. Wondering if anyone would care to date this revolver for me. I have a 586 no dash, blued S&W. Serial number AUB23xx. I’m sending this from my phone, gonna try to attach some photos as well, thanks!
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Welcome to the forum and that is an excellent first S&W.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, for a first revolver, you hit a home run. That is one fine firearm. The only problem i see for you is that when you are ready for your second revolver, you may have a hard time finding something to match that quality. Of course, if you score another 586, problem solved!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois..
Congrats on your first and hopefully many more revolvers.

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360

·
Registered
21,156 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As far as your purchase of the 586, and that it's your first S&W revolver....

Your going to have fun with that. Looking forward to the range report to let us know how the 586 functions for you. Congrats!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Great North Woods in Maine. That's a beautiful 586 and I can tell you it is a jewel. I picked up a NIB 686-1 in the mid 1980s , AWBxxxx, and love it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome, Beautiful 586. Nice set of grips, but I believe they are from an earlier model Smith. Enjoy!
Verde

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to the forum! As far as your purchase of the 586, and that it's your first S&W revolver....

View attachment 475682

Your going to have fun with that. Looking forward to the range report to let us know how the 586 functions for you. Congrats!
It’s a blast to shoot, no pun intended haha. Very accurate gun and really fun to ring some steel with, great time at the range today.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts