Smith And Wesson Forums banner

First post: My 'new' 610

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Forester 
#1 ·
Well hello dudes. I had no idea I'd find youall over here, but ,here you are!

I figured with my first I'd jump in with both feet.
Here's my new 1990 610 I just acquired yesterday.

I sold a model 60, and a Baby Browning to finance it ,N frame fever has firmly taken hold :D .

Anyone have 50 rounds of 10m.m. they want to sell??

Regards ,,,Allen F.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sweet, I don't even have any rounds of .40 I could give you to use. That is a great revolver, I haven't seen too many boxes of 10mm around but you can still find overpriced .40's though. James

#3 ·
I got a 3-7/8" unfluted model about 2 years ago. It rapidly became my favorite revolver.

40 is a little light for bowling pins unless you punch them in the exact sweet spot....but 10 WILL take them off the table with authority.

I also had to put HiViz set on mine due to my peepers trying to rust out....

Rimz fiber moonclips works great in this caliber IMHO.

cheers....

I'll put a few extra downrange for ya until you get a little ammo....

#8 ·
Rags ,yes ,I do own a Dayton-Hanen special. Also a 5 inch K-38 Illinois state p.d. gun.
I was considering a KT-38 Masterpiece thread and now I believe I will :) .

George ,if we don't get you to the range a little more, you're going to melt. You work too much.

Regards ,Al

#9 ·
NICE 610! I've always wanted one of the five-inch 610's...and have always ended up "Settling" for the longer 6.5 inch version...

As far as 10mm ammo goes, check with "Widener's"...last time I looked, they had some in stock...Good Luck!!!....mikey357

#10 ·
With ammo prices going thru the roof, :eek: I hesitate to shoot anything but .22's. If you can find some ammo for that 610, you'll probably hesitate to use it. Even if you can afford it........you have to find it first! Then, prepare to lay down some serious bucks! Bob

#11 ·
If it shoots as well as any of the other 610's I had you will be very happy.

Bob is correct the ammo is sure spendy. It is one cartridge that reloading for is necessary both because of cost and to get the full potential of the round!

enjoy!

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.