Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, All:

First post here.

I had been looking around for a nice Model 10 for some time now and wanted to stay away from the new production line for various reasons (ILS, MIM parts, retail prices, etc.); then I saw an opportunity and took the plunge. I had originally wanted a heavy barrel Model like a -6 or -8, but in the end I decided I would compromise on any nice pre-lock 10 that presented itself with a deal.

I won this S&W Model 10-5 in an online auction. I ended up spending $428 total after shipping and FFL transfer (My winning bid was $385, started at $339; $419 was the "buy now!" price). It was advertised as a hardly used home defense gun in 95% or better condition and the seller even bundled it with a Gould and Goodrich black leather duty holster, two HKS speed loaders and a Tyler T-grip. It was the best deal I could find while browsing around online so I took it and I am pleased! I cannot wait to take it to the range.

I picked it up today! Enjoy the pics :D

·
Administrator
8,093 Posts
Nice find! And, trust me.. it won't be your last.. they're addictive! :lol:

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Classy Smith!
Welcome to the forum.
Get your wallet out and hold it in your non-shooting hand. :D
You hang around here and you'll be spending the $$$$$$.
That model 10 is only the beginning!
WFR

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Hi Wikoli,

Welcome to the forum and the addiction :D .

My first S & W was exactly the same as yours, Tyler T-grip and all. Purchased new in Feb. 1965 at the police academy (we had to buy our own gun and cuffs...cost a weeks pay-$48 for the model 10 and $12 for the S&W cuffs) and carried daily until 1981 when I replaced it with the stainless version of the same gun; model 64. Gave my model 10 to my son, also a police officer, a couple of years ago. Now he can pass it on to his son. I'm sure the S&W will outlast us all... :D

Enjoy your gun and take my advice...never sell it! Remember I told you that...lol.

BTW - I fired expert every year at PPC qualification with that gun every year for 16 years...scored a few 100's along the way too :D

Enjoy it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts