Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loaded 150 rounds of 357 yesterday. My first time at the bench this year. The holidays were very busy and I haven’t loaded since November 19.
These are a 130g Hi Tek coated bullet loaded with 7.6gr of Unique.
5CB6493F-0501-4649-9C46-A44959C598A3.jpeg

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Those look good. I haven't tried the coated bullets yet.
Today I cleaned a couple of hundred rounds of mixed .38 and 10mm. I also boxed up my 12ga reloader and associated accessories. I burned about 40 empty shell boxes and I have no idea what I'll do with a few hundred empty AA hulls. I just don't hunt much at all anymore since I don't have a dog and I gave up shooting trap and skeet years ago.
Boo hoo. Right?

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look good. I haven't tried the coated bullets yet.
Today I cleaned a couple of hundred rounds of mixed .38 and 10mm. I also boxed up my 12ga reloader and associated accessories. I burned about 40 empty shell boxes and I have no idea what I'll do with a few hundred empty AA hulls. I just don't hunt much at all anymore since I don't have a dog and I gave up shooting trap and skeet years ago.
Boo hoo. Right?
I like the coated bullets and get them from summers Enterprises. I used to load a lot of plated. These cost about 25% less. I've gone through around 1500 of these 130gr bullet and nearly 1000 of the 158gr bullets. I have also tired and liked the coated 200gr SWC and 230gr RN for my 625. I recently got some 9mm, 145gr to try out

·
Registered
16,987 Posts
I tried some coated Wadcutters and were excellent. My friend and I did coat some as using the same process on Aluminum wheel painting (assume they are using same powder coating technique). We actually got some up to over 2700 FPS in rifle and no leading or adverse effects. Lot cheaper then jacketed and very accurate. Congratulations on reloading your first of the year Jonesy.

Reactions: jonesy814
1 - 4 of 4 Posts