Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey :bluelogo:

We (the Lead Heads) had our first practice of the year today:D

Got into the mid 40's, temperature wise. And a bit breezy. About forty miles an hour breeze.:D

The usual "gremlins" showed up. Autos that would not Autojagap[a Bobbled revolver reloads :eek: And some interesting "magazine antics" for the auto shooters:D

After a couple of "trial runs", the Open Auto shooters were turning in times in the mid 20's (25 seconds, on a 32 target array) with a "ten round limit". The Stock Auto and Open Revolver shooters were running in the mid 30's. And the Stock Revolver shooters were running in the low to mid 40's.

All in all, a really fun day! Range was still ice covered.:D

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First Practice of the year.

Hey :bluelogo:,

Here are a couple more pics.

We were all really glad to "get out"nfiofnp and exercise our trigger fingers!lsk705

Later, Mark Tombstone Speed Racks.JPG Steve's Belt full of goodies.JPG Mr Don, Happy to be here.JPG Miss Chris, “I shot that fast�.JPG

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Molon labe alive & well out in central PA :D

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guys and Gals,

Will put up some video, next practice.

Have plenty on my youtube channel. Raw footage. (msharley1000)

Here is one from last fall (to tide you over) LOL Enjoy! Miss Dianne hosing Stage 1 - YouTube

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
It was 70F here this day. As a former resident of The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania I can see how the mid forties could be construed as acceptable weather for shooting. I have a hard time here with the native born when they question me about the Groundhog thingy and predicting weather in PA. ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,243 Posts
Any day at the range is a good day. It's like fishing.
Looks like everybody there was happy to be able to get out and enjoy the time with everybody else doing what they all love.

Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
now that's a good day at the range. I hope to get out this week if the weather allows. BTW what range do you shoot at? I shoot my revolvers at the littlestown sporting clays club. we have a small handgun range and a rifle range out to 200 yards and of course sporting clays a couple times a week ( which closes the rest of the range). our club rules don't allow steel:(. now if I want too shoot some steel I have to drive to Shippensburg fish and game club about 45 min's away (the other club I joined).

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now that's a good day at the range. I hope to get out this week if the weather allows. BTW what range do you shoot at? I shoot my revolvers at the littlestown sporting clays club. we have a small handgun range and a rifle range out to 200 yards and of course sporting clays a couple times a week ( which closes the rest of the range). our club rules don't allow steel:(. now if I want too shoot some steel I have to drive to Shippensburg fish and game club about 45 min's away (the other club I joined).
Hey 36,

That would be our (the Lead Heads) "home range". Logan's Ferry Sportsmen's Club. Near Monroeville, Pa.

Wide selection of activities. (wear my fingers out) LOL

Would be quite a "haul" for you.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Hey Mark, you're in my neck of the woods, I was near New Kensington, my kids live there. That fast shootin looks like fun.

Pennsylvania, where generations stretching back to the founding of this nation took their guns and there religion seriously; ref. Obama's stupid remark.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Mark, you're in my neck of the woods, I was near New Kensington, my kids live there. That fast shootin looks like fun.

Pennsylvania, where generations stretching back to the founding of this nation took their guns and there religion seriously; ref. Obama's stupid remark.
Hey Hank,

You are correct. From New Ken, head out Greensburg Rd. to Creek Side Feed (old Leechburg Rd). Turn right, go to top of hill, at stop sign, turn right again (on Logan's Ferry Rd). Drive way is one half mile, on right.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Thanks for the directions Mark, probably be heading that way this summer to visit with kids and grandkids, I'll check it out. Kids live in Lower Burrell.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Hank,

We usually shoot a couple Sundays a month. 10 am to 1 pm.

(you guess which Sunday) LOL Depends. (weather, matches......schedules) LOL

PM me, when closer to being here. Your kids are maybe twenty minutes from Club.

Hope to see you, this summer.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Looks like ya'll (that means all of you) had a great time and the set up with the plates looks great. Glad you made it out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts