Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From 1967. The last year of the C prefix. Glad to have found this one. Carried often, shot little.

Need to take it for a test run but this one is going to spend some days on the hip, for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Beautiful little side kick to start the new year with. I do not foresee any regrets at all with that one.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice 10. I was at the range with it's cousin yesterday. Also a 10-5 but a little newer. Talk about a perfect gun to practice you double action shooting skills . When you get everything right they can be amazingly accurate. If you are a little off you are going to know it !

·
Super Moderator
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice 10. I was at the range with it's cousin yesterday. Also a 10-5 but a little newer. Talk about a perfect gun to practice you double action shooting skills . When you get everything right they can be amazingly accurate. If you are a little off you are going to know it !
Sweet example

·
Super Moderator
19,704 Posts
Shaun,
Congratulation on the acquisition. That wheel gun should be a great shooter.
It's a good thing you never made a New Years resolution that you wouldn't buy any new guns this year! Because you would have broken it pretty early.

Regards,
Gregory

Reactions: Forester

·
Registered
14,481 Posts
It seems like all the m10 snubs I have seen are the odd dash numbers, like 10-5 or 10-7. This denotes the tapered barrel. Did they also make the snubby version with the heavy barrel? Also, any idea which is more common, the square or round butt snub M10? I seem to see more square butt models. Mine has a round butt

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Very cool find! I really like that configuration, here's a picture of what might be your gun's grandfather! For some reason this look signifies the old school term "Roscoe" to me! Enjoy it and yes, do carry it if possible! kjdfjemnd

right.JPG

·
Super Moderator
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So here is an interesting development. Per the serial C993k, the gun dates to 1967. Being they discontinued the C prefix and the Diamond grips, I figured the grips were not factory. In checking them just now, they are stamped with matching serial. So it would seem the gun stuck around the factory until ‘68 and got the non diamond grips.

·
Super Moderator
34,436 Posts
Other than a fine and hopefully not to expensive model 15 snub, that is one that husband wants to find.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts