Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My gun showed up at my favorite FFL yesterday morning and I gave it a very quick clean and added some oil and off to the range.

I got the M&P 2.0C in 40S&W. 4in barrel and pretty much a perfect size if you like to carry full size. About the size of a glock 19. With Shipping and FFL I paid 449.00 and I thought after looking around that I got a nice deal .. of course it would only be a nice deal .. if I liked the gun!

I will start off ... I really liked the gun!
Here is the very first Target. I dont usually start with a silhouette when I get a new gun but I figured this would be a down and dirty gun and I would see what it felt like at speed before I tried accuracy stuff.

This is two full mags of 13 rounds 155 gr Lawmen FMJ and one mag of 6 180gr HST. I fired the first two mags at what I consider my combat speed so ... its not Jerry Miculek by any means but it is a tight grip and no re-aiming. Low ready .. I bring it up and empty the mag with no pause in between, no reacquiring sight picture.

First 13 shots fired from the gun were the head shots at about 8 yds maybe a touch longer but not past 9.

I then did 13 center mass and these included the HST's and all was right with the universe.

Damnit .. on the last set of 6 with the lawmen I went hog wild as fast as I could pull the trigger ... I dont know why since I would never shoot like that but .. it was kind of fun .. but you can see I threw 2.

I then decided to go slow for accuracy and put 6 in the little black silhouette you see in the upper left hand corner.
I went on to my favorite shapes target and did another 50-60 rounds for accuracy and its certainly more accurate than I am so no problems there.

SO impressions of the gun .... I am a death grip kind of guy so I am not usually affected by pain in recoil but i can certainly tell differences in recoils sensation. I "think" because of the steel inserts or frame or support or whatever they added to the frame, the frame is nice and stiff. I didnt get the noodle feeling I have gotten and HATE when firing glocks but I also liked the feeling much better than the CZ P10c.

The 10C is light years ahead of the Glock in feel, frame stiffness and trigger but what I noticed was the recoil came with a slight buzzing. If you shot a lot you know what I mean. Even in my death grip .. recoil came with some vibration that came through the grip. Nothing to write home about and it certainly wouldnt disqualify it as an awesome plastic 9mm but the M&P 2.0 even in the more stout 40S&W cartridge was more dead. It started to approuch metal frames in how little came through the grip and frame in general.

I had very little muzzle rise and the gun stayed right on target. Come this morning and I dont feel any tightness or soreness anywhere after firing about 150 rounds.

The trigger is pretty nice and certainly very usable without modification. Not as nice as the CZ but nice reset and nice break .. just a little long on the pick up and it was something to get used to since I shot so much more revolver and all that dead space was a little weird. There was zero grit feeling. It was smooth and I imagine it will just get better with a few more rounds.

Comes with 4 total backstraps and the medium is attached and was perfect and it came with 2 sleeves so you could purchase the full size M&P 15 round mags and use them in the gun so .. Yes I will purchase at least one 15 rounder!

Nice gun and I enjoyed the hell out of shooting it. I love guns that shoot naturally for me.

So only negative I can give you .. the curve of the trigger is really tight. I mean really tight. Years ago I ran a very sharp knife right through the pad of my index finger and it was stitched up but it still left a raised scar and swelling and I could feel that curve. If you have really meaty digits .. that curve might annoy the hell out of you.

Didnt bother me enough to want to spend $160 on an Apex kit but .. its a thing you should be aware of if you have fat fingers.

That my friends is the only negative I can give the gun. Stiff, fairly nice out of the box trigger with no break in and accurate. I think its kind of cool looking too as far as plastic guns go.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It’s probably this way with a lot of guns but I think the more you shoot it, the more you’ll like it.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s probably this way with a lot of guns but I think the more you shoot it, the more you’ll like it.
I like it just fine .. actually I like it A LOT! I just dont love that tight curve of the trigger .. meh .. your right... it might grow on me. if I can find a drop in trigger minus a kit I will probably swap it out. I dont need a bunch of springs and such .. I am happy with the trigger pull .. I just dont love the trigger shape.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm of much the same opinion relative to my 9mm 5" I picked up in '17. I did modify the pull tho, as it came it was on the high side and had more than a bit of creep. Break is now at 3.75 and crisp.....still a lot of takeup, but guess that is in reality a safety factor if you think about it.

Mustive put several thousand rounds of my reloads thru the piece and I have yet to experience a fail of any nature. Only ***** I have is that the Caldwell mag loader that came with it does not like my 120 truncated cone cast bullets and using it with the stuff is problematic......FMJ, no problem!

Personally. the design fits me well and is a helluva lot more comfortable than Glock. I would have no hesitation using it as a service piece if I was still working.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Don't rule out the Apex kits, they have a flat faced trigger if that would feel better on your finger, and the other bits and pieces make it a crisper lighter trigger pull.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just came back from the range where I put another 80 rounds through it. Kind of amazed how little muzzle rise you get out of the 40. Even when I ran a few 180gr HST.

Gun is easy to shot well !! I am really liking it. I think it will do very well as my all purpose gun!!

I love that apex trigger but .. wish they sold just that trigger. I dont think the trigger bothers me $170 worth. Truth is today I hardly noticed it .. still that flat face trigger has a strong attraction!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one still curves, but the aluminum face is less rounded and it's just the trigger. Apex Tactical Action Enhancement Kit (AEK) Trigger S&W M&P Aluminum
Thank you!!! that looks perfect. I dont mind curved triggers but I think the hinge on the oem makes the curve tighter than say on a sig or revolver and .. well it just feels a little weird especially with my deformed trigger finger. LOL

and .. for $80 bucks and it being aluminum .. that might be worth it. Again .. thank you for the link!!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I have that trigger and I really like it.

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Registered
12,684 Posts
I have the 9mm version of your gun and I like it a LOT over the G19 that is basically the same size because of those backstraps I can change to fit my hand better.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to mention I think ... the texturing is AWESOME!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts