Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I contacted the local Gunsmith I use concerning the broken firing pin on my 66-2. When I had it out at the range a few weeks back the revolver stopped functioning correctly, like there wasn't enough force to hit the primer. Upon inspection this is what was found...
View attachment 468158
Dropped it off this morning and he said it would be a couple of weeks as he had to change distribute/suppliers because the one he normally uses in NY state is shut down. Imagine that! :rolleyes: In the mean time I have gone back the XD MOD2 subcompact .45 for my EDC. Will be miss the 66-2 but should be good as new shortly.

·
Registered
17,528 Posts
Found out the same thing from my gunsmith friend. Plus he tried Jack First and found they were way overpriced. I told him we can wait as I have plenty more.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Last year I replaced the FP in my friends 66. Easy as pie. Take a small flat point punch slightly larger that the hole in the rivet and drive the rivet out. Install new FP and slide rivet back through the hammer. I reused the old rivet. Took 2 center punches. 1 to each side of the rivet and flared it back out. GTG. A 10 minute job after the hammer is removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts