Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of us at the indoor range just used Fioccchi Large Pistol Primers, Lot # 581110025, to load approximately 1,800 rounds of ammunition on two different presses.
We had problems with 14 different primer tubes that the primers did not slide smoothly down the pick up tubes or feed smoothly down the primer tube on the reloading press.

The primers fit in the primer cups, seated easily in the primer pockets, mixed 45 ACP and 44 magnum brass, but were "sticky" in the tubes. I had problems with feeding the primer cup.

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
I have a Dillon and and had same issues a few years ago with Remington and some CCI primers. Dillon recommended S&B as they were more concentric and had better QC than some others. Switch and no problem since then. Use the others I have in Manual priming applications. That was my issue with same problems you are experiencing.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Two of us at the indoor range just used Fioccchi Large Pistol Primers, Lot # 581110025, to load approximately 1,800 rounds of ammunition on two different presses.
We had problems with 14 different primer tubes that the primers did not slide smoothly down the pick up tubes or feed smoothly down the primer tube on the reloading press.

The primers fit in the primer cups, seated easily in the primer pockets, mixed 45 ACP and 44 magnum brass, but were "sticky" in the tubes. I had problems with feeding the primer cup.
Sounds like a Dillon issue, Need to do the Dillon Primer tube modification . workaround, upgrade, You tube mod.:D;) Needs re Engineering!:D

kihfL

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ ^ ^ ^ Don't use Fiocchi primers in Florida with Lee presses. ^ ^ ^ ^

​Re-engineering complete, buy Wolf / Tula primers.

·
Registered
12,778 Posts

I hand prime (off press) everything, always for one. Secondly, I don't use Wolf or Fiocchi or S&B crap ( and they are all crap) and might have been viable back when primers were hard to get but not today. Only use Federal Gold Medal or Federal standard or CCI Benchrest because the cup thickness is consistent and so it the diameter. Buy cheap, shoot cheap, pay the price. Cheddite primers are good too but hard to get.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts

I still have a "stash" of Wolff Primers from the first round of hoarding, (SP. LP, SR) They work just fine in my LEE and Hornady presses weiweinp

I "bought twice and didn't cry once"jjjpnf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts