Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a reduced main spring and a #13 rebound trigger spring. I shimmed the trigger and hammer so they are centered and can’t rub on the frame or side cover. First one done. The PO cut the trigger rebound spring. I ‘d rather change it. I can go lighter or stronger, it’s all lubed with moly.
What a sweet action.

· Registered
18,052 Posts
I installed a reduced main spring and a #13 rebound trigger spring. I shimmed the trigger and hammer so they are centered and can’t rub on the frame or side cover. First one done. The PO cut the trigger rebound spring. I ‘d rather change it. I can go lighter or stronger, it’s all lubed with moly.
What a sweet action.
I have done similar on a few revolvers but my old Highway Patrolman didnt need to have anything done. Found a cut spring in my model 15 a while back and replaced it with a 14# spring

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My m28 trigger frame wear on it. So I measured it for shims. Reblued the trigger wear and she was good then I noticed the trigger rebound spring was cut. So I replaced that too. Then lubed it with moly. Now I’m going to checkout all my used revolvers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.