Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Smith and Wesson have any kind of warranty on the finish for my 637 from the performance center. Doesn't seem very durable at all. Shoots great but looks terrible.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a Model 637 for about 2 years now, carry and shoot it often and it still looks pristine. Can you post a photo showing the condition of your 637?

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
12,678 Posts
My 5 year old 638 hasn't done that yet but I have seen a few of the stainless/silver anodized j frames that were peeling quite a bit. I don't know if it is covered since they would likely consider it cosmetic and vital to the function of the gun

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hi Isavery,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often. welcome01

·
Registered
13,457 Posts
What is a little acne anyway...:D

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

They put a clear coat on the aluminum framed models that sometimes peel depending on wear and what cleaner is used.

I had I S&W M-642 that did that. Customer service toll me to send it in for evaluation. Three days later they called saying it was ​beyond repair (tech speak for we don't want to fool with it) and asked if I would accept a new M-642 in it's place, which I promptly did.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
My 5 year old 638 hasn't done that yet but I have seen a few of the stainless/silver anodized j frames that were peeling quite a bit. I don't know if it is covered since they would likely consider it cosmetic and vital to the function of the gun
It's a warranty on materials and workmanship (which would include the finish). I'd call Customer Service.

·
Registered
22,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts