Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About time.

I am unsure about what will happen to the NRA. LaPierre and others have apparently used it as a personal piggy bank. I have read some of the accounts (that were not fake news). Tom Gresham on "Guntalk" discussed it on his show this past weekend.

Worse than the financial damage, done to the organization by employees and others, the NRA's reputation itself was worse than squandered. The best words I can think of are "pissed away".

At a time we need help and representation more than ever. Gresham quoted some members who are six figure donors in a class action lawsuit, who desire to install a bankruptcy trustee. The purpose: Dismiss LaPierre, shake up the board, who in Tom's mind refuses to can Wayne.

Caller after caller to Guntalk and to a person, refused to send NRA a penny, till Wayne is shown the door.

I had a nice discussion with a fellow at OFF. There are opportunities to serve in Oregon. Never mind the SAF, which is launching lawsuits, defending our rights.

Never mind destroying the second amendment, this nation is in trouble. We have a "leader" I think was installed by fraud. This man has rapidly imploding cognitive skills, few scruples and has spent 50 years at the public trough. He is the proxy for an army of people who hate, despise and loathe the rest of us.

This bunch is in solidarity and lockstep with all that is evil. Our right to bear arms is fundamental to repelling attacks on our constitution, generally. But in particular, the First Amendment, which is being savaged and spit on by rabid lemmings who hate without reason, or rational thought.

Keep on supporting these tireless organizations that resist the left. The NRA? May patriots make informed choices. Godspeed.

·
Registered
8,326 Posts
The NRA no longer has political clout in Washington. They're a pariah. They've been crushed at the state level as well, even in strongholds like Florida. They're embroiled in lawsuits with NRA mega-donors as well as the past NRA president. NRA is in a huge lawsuit with long time business partner Ackerman McQueen, not to mention with the NY AG.

The NRA has attacked Texas gun owners fighting for their right to open carry, created ads promoting Red Flag gun confiscation, were first out of the gate to throw bump stocks owners under the bus for political expediency, and their antics with the Heller case nearly cost gun owners one of the most important SC decisions to date.

Send money to the NRA so they can blow it on legal fees defending their corrupt cronyism? No thanks. Besides, Wayne just said that the NRA is in great financial condition... best in years.

My NRA dollars go to GOA.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Keep on supporting these tireless organizations that resist the left. The NRA? May patriots make informed choices. Godspeed.
I just renewed my GOA membership and I also joined the SAF in honor of Dementia Joe's anti-2A insanity. (y) (y)

Still holding back on my annual NRA renewal for right now. I want to believe and contribute, but the Wayne problem doesn't seem to be going away. In fact, it might even be getting worse. I am very sad about the whole mess, but short of withholding funds I don't know what I can do about it. :( Very frustrating and discouraging. :(

I'm also considering rejoining one of my state's two pro-2A organizations. I gave up on them several years back when some uppity members led by a carpet bagger malcontent dissed and cut off the founder of the organization. I've also had some real problems with the blowhard executive director. But what can one do? We need them? So I may suck it up and rejoin, but only very reluctantly. :cautious:

·
Premium Member
13,646 Posts
All politics are local, and in our federated system of government, the states hold responsibility for most things.

You've made a good decision. Thank you, patriot! b

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
I am a NRA life member. I am going to cancel my membership as of today. I am a GOA & VCDL member. Also looking at other pro 2A groups and organizations. Donating to these organizations is difficult for me but I call and e-mail all the anti politicos on a regular basis. The only reason for keeping the membership would be for the magazine , but as of late the articles aren't that great anymore...

·
Registered
29,941 Posts
A GOA, NRA and PFOA member and in all likelihood will not be renewing my NRA membership.

Reactions: Charlie686

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
I gave up on the NRA back in 1998, when they DID NOTHING to prevent the new 1998 Gun Laws from being enacted in my state.....Massatwoshits! I tried to join GOA, last July in case Biden won. They took my money.....but never sent me a membership card or anything else! I contacted them, twice, in Sept. and Nov........but got a response from them......that he would 'look into it'. BUT all I got was.just a request to renew my membership for 2021, for more money!!! :mad:

I sent the President of GOA a letter, expressing my disappointment with them. I will NEVER send them another penny!!!! I wanted to support our Gun Rights!!!!! :rolleyes: I'm not going to submit myself to this type of treatment! Bob

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In these troubled times, I find myself in the midst of patriots.

Thank God!

Our guns are incidental, to our love, of things that actually matter.

Folks. A bunch of renegade investors, busted the big hedge funds on GameSTOP and elsewhere. We are many. A few of these firms are finished. 🤪

Not even the "Buttberg" can contain us.

These renegade investors, took the "experts" to the woodshed, for an ass whipping.

Cripple this bunch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.