Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got me the Remington 1911 R1-S in Stainless... yaaaa :) 45acp:cool: 20190724_160737.jpg 20190724_160842.jpg

They all thought it was great selling a Gun to a " Naturalized American" I guess not to common...Well I better get some dies and brass...

thewelshm

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sportsman's Warehouse here has them on sale with a rebate.. A friend bought 3 of them for his sons and grandson. I spent part of the afternoon teaching him how to field strip and clean them. I was impressed with their quality.
Congrats it does come with a rebate, good family gift cards too..:)

Thewelshm

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Congrats, don’t be surprised when you catch yourself going for it first to put in the range bag. Great design, still functional and a blast to shoot. I hope you have lots of fun with it!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Congratulations on making a decision and getting that really fine new 1911. I would loved to have been there to see and hear those folks who were so happy with their "naturalized American" customer!

Today at our weekly shooting match both hubby and I took our more less new 1911's: His is a RIA 1911-9mm and mine is a Browning 1911-22, light weight and 85% of a full size 1911, and in .22 caliber. I am able to shoot a few rounds through Hubby's gun because it is SO heavy it absorbs the recoil enough that it won't harm my only remaining shooting hand, which is my left hand.

After 20 years of being a Glock Girl I'm really getting into this "1911 thing" even though I can no longer shoot all steel guns or much of anything of a caliber larger than .380. It's all good, and I'm grateful that at my age and with my problems I can still shoot!

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
Got me the Remington 1911 R1-S in Stainless... yaaaa :) 45acp:cool: View attachment 393163 View attachment 393165

They all thought it was great selling a Gun to a " Naturalized American" I guess not to common...Well I better get some dies and brass...

thewelshm
Paul....

Not having the time I agree with, you are an independent businessman so I understand that perfectly, the money part is BS. Anyone that has a Viper in the garage and a Lanai bigger than my entire house can afford a new 45........nfiofnp

·
Registered
12,047 Posts
Thats a sharp looking 1911 mate and stainless makes sense in the Florida environment. 45acp is pretty easy to load. Its the caliber I started with.
An area shop has the blued ( Satin Black Oxide Finish) basic R1 for $374.95 after rebate. That's got to be lower than just about any other 1911 out there, or at least the ones we have heard of

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Paul....

Not having the time I agree with, you are an independent businessman so I understand that perfectly, the money part is BS. Anyone that has a Viper in the garage and a Lanai bigger than my entire house can afford a new 45........nfiofnp
Im frugal, and it was gift cards mate ...:)

thewelshm

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have owned my SS R1 Enhanced for several years and I can assure you that it is a fine 1911. The R1 has to be one of the best bargains on the market. Remington hit a homerun with its 1911 which has fallen through the cracks because of the reputation of some of its other handgun offerings. My experience with the R1 has been that it is a reliable and very accurate gun that performs on par with many of its higher priced brethren. You made a good choice and I know that you will enjoy it for years to come.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts