Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - the range has reopened and the mad rush eased off. I haven't been out to shot since this virus hit.
Yesterday was beautiful here. 28C degrees and sunny. (seasonal is 12) Broke down and head to the range, and there was no one there! Had a solid 2 1/2hr shoot. Not a soul.

Took a Colt Official Police revolver and a Model 14 Target Masterpiece (K38), both in 38 Sp. A Browning Hi Power and Walther PPQ in 9mm. A Colt/Walther 1911 in 22 and a new to me and never heard of Bernardelli Model 60 in 22.

First off - that little Italian gun was flawless, with a perfect trigger. The first target picture is my first 8 rounds with it at 12 yds.(I've heard of their shotguns, but this little guy was a nice surprise) The second target is my first time shooting the Official Police 38. Can't complain about either.

After shooting the modern PPQ the old Hi Power trigger was a bit much, but I love that old bear. Just had to adjust.

Felt great to get out and shoot, and to have an empty outdoor range and a freak hot day was a gift. Had to share.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Tomorrow is suppose to be another fairly nice day. Perhaps you need to reverify the results of today's shooting. Me? I just might have to go out to Custer (just south of Blaine) and fine tune some 10mm revolver loads.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. It was great to shoot again, and that little Bernardelli was a really nice surprise. Very impressed. Like a cross between a PPK with a long barel and a Beretta Model 70 series.

·
Registered
30,035 Posts
Excellent report! Some great shooting with a variety of firearms.

Reactions: Brassmonkey
1 - 7 of 7 Posts