Hey Bumpus,

Wowser!

That is a real BEAUTY!!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
You hit the jackpot with that K-22, those unrelieved diamond target grips were used for less than a year before S&W came out with the revised "football" cutout target grips... they're rare birds, especially without any marks from the extractor.

If the gun is 1948, the target grips were added later, since they did not come out until early 1950.

·
Premium Member
12,301 Posts
I picked up a 1957 K-22 last week. Great minds think alike I guess. :)

I took the Rosewood target stocks off and put on a set of magna's.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Mine's prewar, but I really like it.

Reactions: Bumpus

·
Registered
558 Posts
Seems like a lot of K22's are showing up with unrelieved target stocks. I have a real nice and very late,1956, with unrelieved stocks, K22 that I just sent for a letter on. The letter will not say if the stocks were unrelieved, but will tell you if it was shipped with target stocks.
As for used for only a year, I have a mint in the box K38 Combat Masterpiece shipped 12-1953 that has unrelieved target stocks, and is lettered as being shipped with target stocks. IMHO, most k22's were shipped with magnas as were the K32's, and K38's. A lot of the higher end shooters preferred aftermarket stocks and didn't want to pay extra for S&W target stocks, so they did not order them that way. Hardware and Sporting goods stores usually stocked these guns with magnas. Big Larry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts