Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Licensees "may carry out the requested activities through a drive-up or walk-up window or doorway where the customer is on the licensee’s property, on the exterior of the brick-and-mortar structure at the address listed on the license," the ATF said in a Friday bulletin.

Transactions may not be carried from "a nearby space" that is not part of the dealers' property unless they are participating in qualified gun shows.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/10/feds-allow-drive-up-gun-sales-ease-dealers-buyers-virus-worries/5134084002/

·
Premium Member
10,828 Posts
Remarkably, when we helped lift the local ban imposed by our county (under threat of lawsuit), the next problems for the FFL dealer I worked with were whether he had lease control of the parking lot in front of his shop (which is like a strip mall).

It seems that if his parking lot was not part of his lease, the ATF would not consider it part of his FFL premises for the purpose of transacting business.

His lease included this property, so he was able to walk purchases out to the car, and deliver them at the door of the vehicle.

Can you imagine a more invasive and bureaucratic useless infringement of the Second Amendment?

And, I wonder, by what principle can a table at a gun show (which is at best a temporary undocumented business "premises") include the building surroundings and parking lots nearby?

At least the outside wall of the shop is now fair game.

Have you ever heard of this kind of interference in any other licensed industry in any field? A doctor who has their practice physically limited by their licensed premises)? A beautician limited from traveling to dress an elderly woman's hair at her home?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not here, our dumb arse Democrat governor closed all the lgs's. Said they weren't essential. How convenient..

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
What she needs is a frontal lobotomy...

Wife told me that Biden is considering her for a running mate. They would make a great team, dumb and dumber.....

I didn't vote for her, in fact I didn't vote for the Republican either, I voted for an independent. The Republican candidate was a low life crook. She actually won by default as there was no good choice, kind of like Virginia and Northam. He won by default as well because the Republican candidate was a turd, just like ours was...

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts