·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: sparkyv

·
Registered
19,380 Posts
$uggested retail is $9.99 for 50. Probably 25 bucks for 50... Interesting. Diminutive caliber in my view. If I can ever get a box, I may load up my wife's Mark 1 Ruger with it. She likes that old clunker.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I would need to see penetration numbers.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No idea who Mr. Harold is. But I do enjoy seeing ammo tests involving organic tissue that simulates violent criminal attackers. Ballistic gel means very little to me.

·
Banned
2,792 Posts
Gotta' wonder how much penetration you're actually gonna get with a 29gr pill moving just under 1100 fps.

Reactions: 1av8r

·
Registered
19,380 Posts
Gotta' wonder how much penetration you're actually gonna get with a 29gr pill moving just under 1100 fps.
All depends on the distance between the end of the barrel and the soft tissue.

·
Banned
2,792 Posts
All depends on the distance between the end of the barrel and the soft tissue.
Not really - at least not at self-defensive distances. For all practical intents and purposes bullet velocity at 20 or 30 feet is 100% of what it was at the muzzle. Physics is physics and F=MV^2 either way.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it's for those who insist on carrying a .22LR and believe that "the numbers" show it's worthwhile. Hey, better than a sharp stick.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
10 or 12 years ago, I carried a small 22LR Walther for a short while. I settled on the CCI Velocitor as it had the best penetration of anything else in 22LR. Rated at over 1400 fps it pushed a 40gr bullet over 13 inches into ballistic gelatin from a 2 inch snubby. I doubt a subsonic 29gr is going to impress me.

·
Banned
2,792 Posts
10 or 12 years ago, I carried a small 22LR Walther for a short while. I settled on the CCI Velocitor as it had the best penetration of anything else in 22LR. Rated at over 1400 fps it pushed a 40gr bullet over 13 inches into ballistic gelatin from a 2 inch snubby. I doubt a subsonic 29gr is going to impress me.
Exactly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts