Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have any gun shops in your area that have been closed by State or County level "stay at home" executive or civil orders, this may help them in their response to try and stay open. it's Federal level advice that states firearms businesses are "essential".

That would put the local or state order (which supersedes higher level orders) in conflict with Federal advice and the Second Amendment:

https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/CISA_Guidance_on_the_Essential_Critical_Infrastructure_Workforce_Version_2.0_Updated.pdf

Your closed gun shop may thank you for this information.

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
Maybe this will work better than the second amendment to the US Constitution. Let's hope so.

·
Premium Member
9,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At least it could be helpful in informing lower level governments that their orders are out of line with both the Federal government and the constitution.

Most would rather declare "oops... we forgot about you" with their fingers crossed behind their backs than have to defend a lawsuit.

·
Premium Member
9,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NSSF is also on this at state and local levels. This was their letter to NC retailers Friday:

Their overview page:

https://www.nssf.org/covid19/

The specific NC advice on the governor's statewide order:

ALERT

You'll find many states listed on their page.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Imagine this happening under a Democrat president.

·
Registered
91 Posts
that does no good if you can not buy anything. here in new jersey the state police stopped doing NICS checks and stopped issuing pistol purchase permits.. and without a NICS, you can not purchase a firearm.

·
Banned
1,974 Posts
Lancaster County (Lincoln) sheriff has stopped accepting in person applications for handgun purchase permit. Doing them by mail, which was never done before, but have to get application notarized. if you can find a notary not hiding.

I don't know what other counties sheriffs are doing.

Haven't heard anything about state patrol and conceal carry permit applications.

·
Banned
1,974 Posts
Lancaster County (Lincoln) sheriff has stopped accepting in person applications for handgun purchase permit. Doing them by mail, which was never done before, but have to get application notarized. if you can find a notary not hiding.

I don't know what other counties sheriffs are doing.

Haven't heard anything about state patrol and conceal carry permit applications.

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
With the buying frenzy, I'd guess that most gun stores have covered their sales for the next couple months or more. If I had run out of inventory I'd close the doors and sign up for Trump small business bailout. Don't know the details but after reading the unemployment give-aways it's probably generous.

Larger retailers like Bass Pro here now have "Senior Shopping Hour" so you buy guns and ammo first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Here in Johnstown P.A. the shops are open by appointment only because the governor of PA was advised that there would be pending 2nd amendment violation lawsuits if the shops were totally closed. The shops call the state police like they always have for instant background checks so only minor interruption here as far as gun purchases go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts