Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back when Walmart was closing out handgun ammo, I bought a few boxes of the Federal 130gr plus P for 38 special at $9.00 per box. I shot a few of them on Sunday. They shot to the point of aim in my 638 and the recoil was surprisingly mild. I had just shot some 148gr wadcutters loaded with 3gr of Titegroup and the Federal plus P load actually felt like it had less recoil. If you carry a J frame and can find these, I would recommend trying them out
Ammunition Knockout punch Bullet

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
That's what I keep in my .38s.

They are not easy to use in speedloaders, but they are the best for the first five.

All the tests and reviews on them are raves.

Reactions: jonesy814

·
Registered
15,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you guys shot any of them? I didn't shoot into anything to capture the bullet, but again, the low recoil that is advertised is true. My 158gr over 3.5 of titegroup had a fair amount more recoil and that isnt a top end load and even my wadcutters had slightly more recoil

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
As far as expansion, Luckygunner ballistic tests out of a 2" barrel averaged .73" on 5 shots with 13 inch penetration. Wish I bought more of that Walmart close out priced ammo. I did get my share and then some.
Wish I'd gotten in on that sale!

I've shot some of these and I like them.

My 36s are three-inch barrel versions so I will get a little extra velocity out of them.

:)

·
Registered
15,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as expansion, Luckygunner ballistic tests out of a 2" barrel averaged .73" on 5 shots with 13 inch penetration. Wish I bought more of that Walmart close out priced ammo. I did get my share and then some.
Me too. When I spotted it at $9.00 a box I got all 3 rare aiming boxes as well as 2 boxes of 38 special Golden Sabers for $8.00 per box. I also bought a hundred round box of Winchester 45acp White box Hollow points for $20 that day. Since I reload I passed on a lot of cheap FMJ range ammo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts