Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nebraska Bill 816 is being pushed as an "suicide prevention" bill because it would add suicide prevention training to the conceal carry class requirment and require gun stores to hand out suicide prevention pamphlets. But that is not all the bill does. The rest has nothing to do with preventing suicide:

Require a permit to purchase long guns (currently required for hand guns only)
Bans "assault weapons"
Increase the time the sheriff has to issue the permit from 3 days to 5 days
Increase the fee from $5 to $20
Require the state patrol to create a database of all known types of guns and parts
Ban private sales
Make it a felony, against a gun show sponser if a private sale takes place duing a gun show they knew nothing about (no one in their right mind would sponsor a gun show)

Nebraska Firearm Owners Association (NFOA) is calling on Nebraskans to rally at the capital starting at noon. The hearing is scheudled for 1:30. Rally attendednts will be asked to attend the meeting. Speaking against the bill if willing or simply signing public record of opposition.

Deguns (not my favorite gun store) is offering to transport anymore who parks in their lot to the capital. They have 2 buses and will start running at noon. After wards beginning at 2:30 they will be serving free hamburgers.

Another rally is being planned for June as the red flag bill LB58 has already made it out of committee

UPDATE: The red flag bill LB58 has been amended to only allow law enforcement to apply for one. Still a bad bill though.

·
Banned
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh the sponsor of this bill is a rogue Republican, the party has asked him to resign from it.
According to NFOA all Republican senators but the rouge Republican have come out against LB58 and probably will not support LB816.

My Democrat state senator does not respond to emails at least not mine asking him to vote agaist LB58 and LB816 if it makes it to the floor.

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
15,256 Posts
Isn't it amazing how this crap manifests itself in various state legislatures? It just goes on and on and on. I hunt in Nebraska regularly and I'm appalled that it's being even heard.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Isn't it amazing how this crap manifests itself in various state legislatures? It just goes on and on and on. I hunt in Nebraska regularly and I'm appalled that it's being even heard.
Why should this surprise you? The DNC has made it clear that if you're not pro- abortion and pro-gun control there's no place for you in the Democratic Party. Add cash from Soros and Bloomie and that's what you get.

·
Registered
15,256 Posts
Why should this surprise you? The DNC has made it clear that if you're not pro- abortion and pro-gun control there's no place for you in the Democratic Party. Add cash from Soros and Bloomie and that's what you get.
But a frigging Repuke introduced the bill........... Nothing to do with the DNC at all....

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
But a frigging Repuke introduced the bill........... Nothing to do with the DNC at all....
Your post wasn't limited to Nebraska. ;)

Don't forget- Big Cash from the east coast is "bipartisan". RINO's are welcome at that trough.

·
Registered
15,256 Posts
Your post wasn't limited to Nebraska. ;)

Don't forget- Big Cash from the east coast is "bipartisan". RINO's are welcome at that trough.
Yes' it was. Virginny is a lost cause and The Land of Lincoln ain't far behind.

Kid of surprised about Nebraska. People I've interacted with there are all about firearm ownership and 2A.

·
Registered
15,393 Posts
I think a lot of Republicans in some states are actually Democrats who run as a R because they know they would lose running as a D. Then they start this stuff. maybe it's time in those blue states that hard-core R folks run as Ds to get elected and then pursue the same idea form the opposite point of view..........

Reactions: delcrossv

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I think a lot of Republicans in some states are actually Democrats who run as a R because they know they would lose running as a D. Then they start this stuff. maybe it's time in those blue states that hard-core R folks run as Ds to get elected and then pursue the same idea form the opposite point of view..........
You'd think the state party would vet these people better. Seems like "You got money? Sure you can run as a Republican!"

I know in Illinois, you have to sell your soul to be on the Dem. ballot.

·
Banned
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheynne.jpg

Morrill county previously made a similar resolution. Rumors of other counties doing so but I haven't seen anything official. Douglas (Omaha) and Lancaster (Lincoln) will probably not since those are were the unconstitutional bills are coming from.

·
Banned
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got back from the capital. I was in one of the overflow rooms. Main room, two overflow rooms and the hall way was full of people opposed to LB816. Someone told me a securty guard said they're were over 500 people in the building not counting people outside. One state senator thanks us for coming. One waved a "I (heart) 2A" sign at once. And one told use he thinks they won't try antigun bills again since they don't want this happening again. We will see. Apparently they have never had so many Nebraskans show up for a committee meeting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts