Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H & K USP .45 ACP. I like that it can be carried in condition one. Good thing since my hands are on the small side. :)

G

·
There are so many....

Bersa comes to mind for durability and price point across their line. KelTec PF-9 for lightweight concealed carry. Ruger in hunting and target .22's

But the CZ75B is the one do-all favorite. Great accuracy, high capacity, runs like a swiss watch, built like a tank....

giz

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Glocks. There, I said it. In their lineup with all the various sizes and cartridge chamberings, Glock makes some fine battle weapons and personal firearms. This G-26 has had ~3800 rounds run through it at training and practice sessions with one malf - which was my fault.

Unless you're shooting one of the Glock 10mms, they are boring.

xtm

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm a Colt guy when it comes to bottomfeeders. Got .22's,.25's,.32's,.380's,9mm's,.38 Supers,10mm's and .45's. Mostly the latter. I think they made a .40. I must not have liked something about it. :mrgreen:
f.t.

·
Super Moderator
37,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some great firearms there. I especially like Leightons collection. I do love my Colt. It is a very nice .38 Super. :)

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
The Sig was my second choice for a duty gun and this is the third one issued to me. P226 in 357 Sig and I think it is the best of the lot. The original P228 in 9mm was not bad but the 2340 in 357 Sig had sights that were 1 foot off at 25 yds until it was sent back to the Exeter, NH factory for the proper numbered front sight.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I carry Glocks (really like the G22... just today I traded for my 5th one) and SIGs.

I'm with QC, I really like the P220, but I only have two of those.... :(

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sigs for me. Followed by the Browning Hi-Power. Leighton has the right idea, get one of everything. He has a very nice collection.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Hmmm...there's just so many.

My dependable Glocks are ugly as sin, but have been 100% reliable with any brand of ammo.

But then so have my Bersa's and newest "Non-Smith", my Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro.

It's as small as the Glock 26 at almost half the price; it fits my hand like a glove and carries 2 more rounds that the Glock 26 (12+1 vs. 10+1).

It's on it's second thousand rounds of 9mm without so much as a burp. The only down side is the price of their spare 12 round mags (about $40 a pop).

·
Registered
668 Posts
I too am a Colt 1911 fan; the 1903 is also a favorite. So's the Mustang.

Glocks don't do anything cosmetically for me but they work properly, which is the point, IMHO.

Never cared for S&W autos. Somehow all they do is irritate me.

A proper Browning HP is wonderful too.

High Standard target grade 22s YES!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.