Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H & K USP .45 ACP. I like that it can be carried in condition one. Good thing since my hands are on the small side. :)

G

·
0 Posts
There are so many....

Bersa comes to mind for durability and price point across their line. KelTec PF-9 for lightweight concealed carry. Ruger in hunting and target .22's

But the CZ75B is the one do-all favorite. Great accuracy, high capacity, runs like a swiss watch, built like a tank....

giz

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Glocks. There, I said it. In their lineup with all the various sizes and cartridge chamberings, Glock makes some fine battle weapons and personal firearms. This G-26 has had ~3800 rounds run through it at training and practice sessions with one malf - which was my fault.

Unless you're shooting one of the Glock 10mms, they are boring.

xtm

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
SIG. I've got three and got 'em at local pawn shops for a whole lot less than retail. I love the SIG P-220. Please don't tell my Colts that, okay?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Another vote for Sig Sauer!
SP2340

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm a Colt guy when it comes to bottomfeeders. Got .22's,.25's,.32's,.380's,9mm's,.38 Supers,10mm's and .45's. Mostly the latter. I think they made a .40. I must not have liked something about it. :mrgreen:
f.t.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Most of my experience is with Colt 1911's, to judge any other make would be totally unfair on my part. But who said life is fair (colt all the way) :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
32,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some great firearms there. I especially like Leightons collection. I do love my Colt. It is a very nice .38 Super. :)

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
The Sig was my second choice for a duty gun and this is the third one issued to me. P226 in 357 Sig and I think it is the best of the lot. The original P228 in 9mm was not bad but the 2340 in 357 Sig had sights that were 1 foot off at 25 yds until it was sent back to the Exeter, NH factory for the proper numbered front sight.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I carry Glocks (really like the G22... just today I traded for my 5th one) and SIGs.

I'm with QC, I really like the P220, but I only have two of those.... :(

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sigs for me. Followed by the Browning Hi-Power. Leighton has the right idea, get one of everything. He has a very nice collection.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Hmmm...there's just so many.

My dependable Glocks are ugly as sin, but have been 100% reliable with any brand of ammo.

But then so have my Bersa's and newest "Non-Smith", my Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro.

It's as small as the Glock 26 at almost half the price; it fits my hand like a glove and carries 2 more rounds that the Glock 26 (12+1 vs. 10+1).

It's on it's second thousand rounds of 9mm without so much as a burp. The only down side is the price of their spare 12 round mags (about $40 a pop).

·
Registered
668 Posts
I too am a Colt 1911 fan; the 1903 is also a favorite. So's the Mustang.

Glocks don't do anything cosmetically for me but they work properly, which is the point, IMHO.

Never cared for S&W autos. Somehow all they do is irritate me.

A proper Browning HP is wonderful too.

High Standard target grade 22s YES!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts