Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
The conditions have already been established. Government healthcare officials say it save lives... obey.

I believe the CDC recently received funding to research "gun violence". Virus... guns... both are threats to public health.
They have been researching gun violence for several Presidents now; it's nothing new.

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They have been researching gun violence for several Presidents now; it's nothing new.
Dec 2019

After a 20-year drought, US lawmakers fund gun violence research

Gun violence research just got $25 million in federal funds, after a 20-year drought in funding for that purpose. The spending bill passed by US lawmakers today allocates half of the money to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and half to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Both agencies will use the money to fund studies on gun violence, which kills tens of thousands of people each year in the United States.

“The significance of this is huge,” says Mark Rosenberg, who oversaw gun violence research at the CDC until 1996, the last time such research was funded. “For 20 years, the government has not sought answers using science to this horrendous public health crisis.” The bill now heads to President Trump’s desk, and he is expected to sign it by Friday.

(Trump signed it)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The conditions have already been established. Government healthcare officials say it save lives... obey.

I believe the CDC recently received funding to research "gun violence". Virus... guns... both are threats to public health.
A mere $25 mil, for activism, NOT "research"; WHY did Trump sign it?

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Part of a larger spending bill. As usual, passed at the last minute to avoid another so-called government "shutdown". Trump doesn't have line item veto authority, and the larger bill was passed by the republican controlled Senate with bipartisan support and more than enough required to override a presidential veto of the entire bill.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Beats me. Because he's two-faced? Maybe someone should ask him why he signed it. I'm sure he'd give one of those answers of his that make no sense to anyone.

Ronald Reagan, a president I came to admire tremendously, is known as The Great Communicator. Trump is already being referred to as The Great Prestidigitator.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts