Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fauci urges Americans to wear goggles for added COVID-19 protection

Dr. Anthony Fauci suggested that people wear goggles or face shields as an added measure of protection against contracting the coronavirus, according to a report.

“If you have goggles or an eye shield, you should use it,” Fauci, 79, the top US infectious disease expert, told ABC News Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton on Wednesday.

When asked if eye protection will become a formal recommendation at some point, he said, “It might, if you really want perfect protection of the mucosal surfaces.”

·
Registered
782 Posts
That old fart just needs to go away.

·
Registered
13,000 Posts
Well, went for a port flush on Monday and all the nurses in the infusion section are wearing face shields. I comment they should be tinted so they could be used double duty as sunglasses.

One of my friend's wife is a RN at a local hospital and she's worn a face shield right along.

Whatever.

Reactions: Great Guns

·
Registered
13,000 Posts
I do find it amusing how most of you are always in denial. It's interesting.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I do find it amusing how most of you are always in denial. It's interesting.
I went to the eye doctor the other day, and they sprayed down the seat with a disinfectant spray. I smelled it right through my 2-layer cotton mask. Viruses are smaller than spray droplets. So yeah, I'm in denial. For good reason.

·
Registered
13,000 Posts
Can't help but wonder when the people who blindly obey the government without question are going to act when they come for their guns?
You 'obey' the government every time you pay your income tax.

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Can't help but wonder when the people who blindly obey the government without question are going to act when they come for their guns?
The conditions have already been established. Government healthcare officials say it save lives... obey.

I believe the CDC recently received funding to research "gun violence". Virus... guns... both are threats to public health.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Probably not till hazmat suits are required to buy groceries.
I know some grocery stores where wearing a hazmat suit should be required. Oh, and here's some grocery shopping advice. Don't ever buy a package of meat, any meat, that's labeled "Manager's Special", no matter how low the price. Really, just don't.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts