Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out yesterday with a few relatives. My neice reeled in this carp.

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
Although carp aren't for eating (at least not around here), they can be ton's of fun to catch! I hope that one gave your neice a good fight, that's what it's all about! There are few experiences neater than the feel of a fighting fish on the end of a line! kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
When I was a kid we used to fish for carp on the Mohawk River near Lock No. 5.... we wouldn't eat those that we caught.... we put them on the garden for some really spectacular tomatoes.... However, when I was a kid growing up waaaaaay up on the Northern Hudson above Warrensburg near my folks place in Thurman and the Glen, in the Springtime we would fish in those cold, clear feeder brooks that run in from the West.... usually at night during the spawning runs.... smoked, pickled or canned those 'Horseheads' were sensational eating.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sebago Son said:
When I was a kid we used to fish for carp on the Mohawk River near Lock No. 5.... we wouldn't eat those that we caught.... we put them on the garden for some really spectacular tomatoes.... However, when I was a kid growing up waaaaaay up on the Northern Hudson above Warrensburg near my folks place in Thurman and the Glen, in the Springtime we would fish in those cold, clear feeder brooks that run in from the West.... usually at night during the spawning runs.... smoked, pickled or canned those 'Horseheads' were sensational eating.

I agree. In some of the more popular saloons in Southern Illinois they serve carp and don't have many patrons that don't eat some. I prefer them caught in early spring and the mud vein cut out while filleting them. Maybe we're just poorer and hungrier in Illinois?
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts