Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
18,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been quite a few nickel plated models 28's appearing on the forum over the years, and we have all pretty much agreed that they were refinished. I have always wanted to at least see a real one so I would have an idea how they were done from the factory. there is one on Gunbroker right now with a latter confirming it is a factory nickel finish. I will try to remember that the front sight is all plated but with a matte finish. It also has the matte finish in the same areas that the blued HP has the bead blasted dull finish. Bid is at $7025 right now. Buy it Now is $8500
Ultra Rare S&W 28-2 Highway Patrolman Factory Brushed Nickel Box & Lettered - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 894328906

· Registered
11,128 Posts
Buy a 27-2 mate In Nickel.

Thewelshm

· Registered
12,071 Posts
What a BARGAIN!

Reactions: jeepnut

· Premium Member
3,222 Posts
The letter also says that a total of 5 guns were shipped, in the same configuration... I wonder where the other 4 are?

· Registered
2,134 Posts
Just look at what people pay for used cardboard gun boxes on ebay that someone else's gun was in. That amazes me.
My buddy showed me a two year old Rolls this last weekend on consignment at the shop.
Price new? $400K. Nothing surprises me when it comes to folks with a few bucks in their pockets. I'm around it all the time, guess I'm jaded.
There is an entertainment value to it.

Reactions: Breakaway500

· Premium Member
3,222 Posts
When you consider that there are people out there paying $80,000+ for mass production pickup trucks, spending what the buyer did for a rare factory made variant of the M28, doesn't seem that too out of line to me.

If someone else really has the financial means to afford buying something, that I can't... I say more power to them.

· Registered
409 Posts
This is a revelation to me. Before this the only factory nickeled Model 28s I knew about were a batch sent to the Florida Highway Patrol. I have a nickeled Model 28 that I got lettered in order to show anybody that it was originally blued so they can't say that I was attempting to bamboozle them.

· Registered
18,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is a revelation to me. Before this the only factory nickeled Model 28s I knew about were a batch sent to the Florida Highway Patrol. I have a nickeled Model 28 that I got lettered in order to show anybody that it was originally blued so they can't say that I was attempting to bamboozle them.
The "Standard Catalog mentions 5 brushed nickel M28's going out as sales samples in the 70's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.