Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been quite a few nickel plated models 28's appearing on the forum over the years, and we have all pretty much agreed that they were refinished. I have always wanted to at least see a real one so I would have an idea how they were done from the factory. there is one on Gunbroker right now with a latter confirming it is a factory nickel finish. I will try to remember that the front sight is all plated but with a matte finish. It also has the matte finish in the same areas that the blued HP has the bead blasted dull finish. Bid is at $7025 right now. Buy it Now is $8500
Ultra Rare S&W 28-2 Highway Patrolman Factory Brushed Nickel Box & Lettered - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 894328906

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
Buy a 27-2 mate In Nickel.

Thewelshm

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
What a BARGAIN!

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$7025 was the final price. Have to wonder where it has been. The letter says it shipped to California, and the Gunbroker seller is an FFL in Pennsylvania with 49 years passing between the 2

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
The letter also says that a total of 5 guns were shipped, in the same configuration... I wonder where the other 4 are?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Some people have lost their minds paying what they do for handguns nowadays. But, its their money. I'm glad I don't have that problem. Would be a rare gun to own, but not at that price.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Reactions: gunhacker

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Just look at what people pay for used cardboard gun boxes on ebay that someone else's gun was in. That amazes me.
My buddy showed me a two year old Rolls this last weekend on consignment at the shop.
Price new? $400K. Nothing surprises me when it comes to folks with a few bucks in their pockets. I'm around it all the time, guess I'm jaded.
There is an entertainment value to it.

Reactions: Breakaway500

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
When you consider that there are people out there paying $80,000+ for mass production pickup trucks, spending what the buyer did for a rare factory made variant of the M28, doesn't seem that too out of line to me.

If someone else really has the financial means to afford buying something, that I can't... I say more power to them.

·
Registered
371 Posts
This is a revelation to me. Before this the only factory nickeled Model 28s I knew about were a batch sent to the Florida Highway Patrol. I have a nickeled Model 28 that I got lettered in order to show anybody that it was originally blued so they can't say that I was attempting to bamboozle them.

·
Registered
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is a revelation to me. Before this the only factory nickeled Model 28s I knew about were a batch sent to the Florida Highway Patrol. I have a nickeled Model 28 that I got lettered in order to show anybody that it was originally blued so they can't say that I was attempting to bamboozle them.
The "Standard Catalog mentions 5 brushed nickel M28's going out as sales samples in the 70's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts