Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Model 60 was completed by S&W's Master Engraver, Dominqos Joaquin, in 1981. The big horn sheep inlaid in the side plate (ivory body with gold horns) is the best I have seen. The front sight was sculpted into "rolling clouds" and the young lady on the frame in front of the cylinder is DJ's trademark.

I don't intend to carry or shoot this revolver.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
Holy cow Doc!!! That is magnificent!! :shock:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
So nice...so very nice! That front sight is masterfully sculpted!

I believe that I see the profile of another gold inlay on the bottom of the trigger guard. Initials?

xtm

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xtm...You are correct. Not initials, just two colors of gold inlaid with the engraving on the bottom of the trigger guard.

Bill

·
Registered
507 Posts
That is exquisite! Looks as if the ram is leaping out of the frame. That front sight is certainly unique as well. I've been sittin' here spellbound. It's been a while since I've taken the time to comment on one of your pics since I ran out of superlatives to describe them long ago. That one is truly a masterful creation. Thank you for sharing it.
f.t.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I really like that little beauty a lot! Simply gorgeous. You're right about the ram, amazing!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I actually have had this gun in my own grubby little hands. Even though Bill takes awesome pics, they dont really do this gun justice

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
29aholic said:
I actually have had this gun in my own grubby little hands. Even though Bill takes awesome pics, they dont really do this gun justice
I'm with Curtis, I held this gun too man its nice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts