Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,476 Posts
I have some facts on the new rulings that could help most of us:

• 1) Most of you along with my wife and I will get a $1200 check (each).
  • 2) Small businesses will get relief in the form of a grant if they pay it to employees. It's a loan if they keep it.
  • 3) It increased unemployment benefits to your regular salary if you lost your job.
  • 4) It adds billions of dollars to hospitals and public health facilities. This is critical money directly to first supporter health care providers.
  • 5) It gives Federal money to States and local governments for health care (no bridges to nowhere in Alaska).
I don't like borrowing money, but the U.S.A has been able to so in a national emergency. The politicians that you elect have no idea about keeping an emergency fund for future unknown events.

I think this entire issue will go away before summer vacation times (June).

We are Americans that know that better times are in our future. We will learn and improve our American system.

·
Premium Member
5,984 Posts
So....I don't file income taxes. I'm 71...wife 70. What do we do?
Q&A https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2020/03/30/irs-gives-stimulus-check-timeline-payment-details/#1c2aa94467bb

I am not typically required to file a tax return. Can I still receive my payment? Yes. People who typically do not file a tax return will need to file a simple tax return to receive an economic impact payment. Low-income taxpayers, senior citizens, Social Security recipients, some veterans and individuals with disabilities who are otherwise not required to file a tax return will not owe tax.

How can I file the tax return needed to receive my economic impact payment? IRS.gov/coronavirus will soon provide information instructing people in these groups on how to file a 2019 tax return with simple, but necessary, information including their filing status, number of dependents and direct deposit bank account information.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts