Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hank. I also have a blued 8 3/8" M25-5 in 45 Long Colt. Super accurate with my handloads. Big Larry

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
1,688 Posts
That is purdy!

My .45 Colts are two Colt SAA and a Winchester '94. I also have a Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull which will also shoot .45 Colt.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
You should try it Larry, they're fun to shoot. Here's mine. I don't think it'd been fired before I got it. Still had the grip sticker etc.

·
Registered
21,976 Posts
Great looking M25! Range report soon?

Reactions: Boriqua and jeepnut

·
Registered
214 Posts
That’s a real beauty. I wish they had 4” 25s in ACP. Very nice gun you have sir don’t see many nickel 25s

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. I hope no one gets the idea I am showing off. I have had problems with Trolls in the past. I truly believe in sharing, both in pictures and in print. Big Larry

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I still have a Model 25-5 that nobody has talked me out of. Decent revolver, hunted with it for about 1/2 a decade before I decided i needed something different.

Now, I have a S&W Model 625-6 Mountain Gun, 45 ACP.

View attachment 471627 View attachment 471628

Kevin
I have an 1955 vintage Flat Top Ruger 357 that the former owner killed two bear and two Mountain Lions with. The grips have four notches in them. Thanks for sharing. Big Larry

·
Registered
12,610 Posts
Thanks guys. I hope no one gets the idea I am showing off. I have had problems with Trolls in the past. I truly believe in sharing, both in pictures and in print. Big Larry
Great looking revolver and I think most of us like the kind of showing off you are doing. It's more like Show-n-tell

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
That’s a real beauty. I wish they had 4” 25s in ACP. Very nice gun you have sir don’t see many nickel 25s
S&W has only made a couple blued ACP models I am sure there were a very few special order 4” Model 25s and many more cut down outside of the factory.

I believe the Springfield Armory Commemorative was blued. It was a 4” tapered barrelled 45 ACP. There is also the 22-4, 4” tapered barrel with fixed sights. And the 625 Mountain Gun. And several other 625s available with 4” full lugged barrels and other configurations.

But 4” Model 25s from the factory are very rare.

Kevin

·
Registered
214 Posts
S&W has only made a couple blued ACP models I am sure there were a very few special order 4” Model 25s and many more cut down outside of the factory.

I believe the Springfield Armory Commemorative was blued. It was a 4” tapered barrelled 45 ACP. There is also the 22-4, 4” tapered barrel with fixed sights. And the 625 Mountain Gun. And several other 625s available with 4” full lugged barrels and other configurations.

But 4” Model 25s from the factory are very rare.

Kevin
I found a nice one pre 25 blued 45 ACP 4”. It’s mostly likely been cut but it’s been relettered, thought I’d found a unicorn till I talked to the guy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts