Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Depends on how the store runs the checks I've found. Last few guns I bought I was put on delays anywhere between 30mins to several days. They say it's because I have a very common name... On my S&W 500 it took 3 trips because they put me on NICS delay, then called and said I'm clear pick it up, I get there and they review paperwork..turns out their clerk put me down as a different race from what I put. So I had to resubmit the entire NICS check, which put me on ANOTHER delay. Spent at least 5hrs at the gun counter buying that gun over 3 trips.. But I got it LOL..
That’s crazy. I do know Ohio accepts Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Missouri CCW.

·
Super Moderator
35,073 Posts
We were lazy and didn't get out of the house at all, but we do carry everyday. Me either a H&K VP9 or Walther PPQ 9mm, him he like the S&W M&P .40 and the FNH FNS .40 we have here. He likes the .40 caliber a lot and I find it to be fun also. My favorites:

His:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Since I live in california...I'll hit them with my purse.
What a cluster ---- this state is.
And yet, I don't move...don't ask.
I feel for you buddy. I told my wife years ago that the only way she ever lives in Kalifornia is if she divorces my ass and moves there. Hasn't come up since then.

Damn right I carried today. Only went to my mothers and the pharmacy, but I carry every day anyway, especially the 20th anniversary of 9/11.

·
Super Moderator
19,836 Posts
Lets let these Islamics know we will NOT stand idly by for another attack.
Sorry, I didn't see this yesterday because I had to go to work.

So my question to you is what does personal carry have to do with showing "Islamics" anything?
I found this comment repulsive, and highly prejudiced.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
No special or extra need to carry yesterday. Our new retirement town is not a hotbed of terrorist activity. Quite the opposite, in fact. However, we are more 'exposed' in our new place than in the old place... so we've adjusted for that. ;)(y)

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Sorry, I didn't see this yesterday because I had to go to work.

So my question to you is what does personal carry have to do with showing "Islamics" anything?
I found this comment repulsive, and highly prejudiced.
Perhaps you haven't noticed, the American traitors in the white house have brought to our shores, tens of thousand of third world islam loving ex dwellers. So, I reckon the point was, if they see more folks carrying here in the States, and if they (the mooseslime) have ill intent, it may cause them to rethink. And least we not forget the traitors in the whitehouse allowing hundreds of thousands of illegals to pour across our borders. So, if one were to think there were no enemy islamics in that group...well...I'd think again. Lock and load, be at the ready.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Oh, I didn’t know Ohio had restrictions on gun buying. In Missouri it’s pass an instant check and good to go out the door. Same in Delaware.
Ohio has no restrictions on purchasing other than what the Feds impose. It honors all states' carry permits even without formal reciprocity agreements. The State has become more gun friendly every year since concealed carry was passed. The State has always had open carry as confirmed by the State Supreme Court several years ago. DeWine has a thing about red flag, but the legislature will never give it to him to sign. Constitutional Carry is possible, but I'm not holding my breath for it this year.

Reactions: PandRFan

·
Registered
21,149 Posts
I should add, that I'm usually packin' something......... when I go out into the Berkshires or into VT.. Never know, for sure, what you might find out in the boondocks. :rolleyes: I might run into Coyotes out there......or maybe a rabid critter. Raccoons and Coyotes have attacked people in this state, even in the Boston outskirts. There were 2 incidents of a Coyote going after babies, out in the backyards, just last week. Bob

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Currently working on my CCW here in Ohio, so I'll be open carrying my 8 3/8" S&W 500.

Those terrorists had better NOT try and spoil my Buckeye game or backyard campfire today, put a hole in them you could throw a football through.
GO BUCKEYES!

RIP those lost 20 years ago when I was a Freshman at lunch in High School.
(I went to edit this to 10 years ago, took a hard look at reality HOLY MOLY it's been 20 years)
You do realize that here in Ohio it's "concealed " carry for the time being. Concealing a field piece like you mentioned may be problematic.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You do realize that here in Ohio it's "concealed " carry for the time being. Concealing a field piece like you mentioned may be problematic.
I was definitely joking about open carrying a 500 all day and trying to conceal one is an even better joke(no skinny jeans for me, MIGHT can do it!). That said Ohio has been an open-carry state for as long as I can remember. There's a lot I don't know so all I can gather from this is that you're pointing out Ohio is not a constitutional carry state yet, but I've already indicated my awareness of that..

Reactions: Rcope822

·
Super Moderator
19,836 Posts
Perhaps you haven't noticed, the American traitors in the white house have brought to our shores, tens of thousand of third world islam loving ex dwellers. So, I reckon the point was, if they see more folks carrying here in the States, and if they (the mooseslime) have ill intent, it may cause them to rethink. And least we not forget the traitors in the whitehouse allowing hundreds of thousands of illegals to pour across our borders. So, if one were to think there were no enemy islamics in that group...well...I'd think again. Lock and load, be at the ready.
Sorry, I still don't agree. A person here in the USA is probably 1000x more likely to die from Covid 19 than to ever be involved in any "Islamic" terrorist action.
I would be more afraid of getting killed in Chicago than from any other threat. Sure, there are many crossing our borders that disagree with the American way, but they're the miniscule minority. The extreme Islamists and terrorists don't care if a person is carrying a weapon or not, so trying to show them [we're] armed is no deterrent. They've been shooting at our soldiers and Marines for the last 20 years without care, so a single person with a gun is no threat to them one way or another.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts