Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some WinClean White Box .40 BEB (Brass Enclosed Base) to shoot in my CPL class.

It was all the Win ammo they had. I was looking for FMJ. I wasn't sure what it was, I figured it meant clearner firing/deposits in bbl.???

The box said that the primers are lead free and the BEB construction makes the shot cleaner for the shooter. Less lead exposure, particularly indoors. Sounds like a good idea.

My actual thought is the bullet construction, it seemed pretty easy transition in process and design. It is basically a FMJ reversed, the metal jacket is open on the tip of bullet rather than at the base as in FMJ. Kind of like a semi-jackated semi-wadcutter.

I'm curious of the performance. It would seem that it would have similar bullet expansion as hollow points, that may be a stretch. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.357 mag,

I did some research on the performance and found that the WinClean BEB 165 gr has the best bullistics as compared with popular FMJ rounds, even up to 180 gr FMJ. I tried the 180s and they were as accurate as the FMJs.

I would think that due to the design they would have good penatration with some lead/jacket expansion.

Anyway, It seems like a cleaner safer round for the shooter and a dirtier deadlier round for the shootee.

I'll definately get some more.

Dave

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Many indoor ranges are requiring Clean or LEAD FREE ammo especially if goverment sponsered. Our State police Acadamy has been requiring that since 1999. Lead free primers and if bullets have lead they must be totally encased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts