Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curt and I got out to the shale pit on a very sunny 60 degree day. He just got his model 66 back from the gunsmith with a new firing pin and I had a model 60 grip swap that needed tested. By chance we both brought along a 9mm Shield
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Airsoft gun

Here was the range setup
Vegetation Soil Land lot Tree Plant community

We both took a couple cylinder loads with our revolvers and then Curt thought maybe his 66 was shooting a bit low and asked me to give it a try.
Square

Don’t know why that loaded sideways but after firing these 6 from 15 feet, I agreed that he needed to come up a click or 2. Windage was certainly on.
Here is Curt with his model 66
Shooting range Practical shooting Shooting sport Sport venue Soil

Shooting range Sport venue Shooting sport Practical shooting Shooting

Here is one of me shooting a drill with my Shield
Practical shooting Recreation Sport venue Shooting range Soil

As Curt was walking towards me carrying an empty bucket to simulate a package, I yelled “LOOK OUT!
Soil Geological phenomenon Recreation Tree Geology

Soil Practical shooting Sport venue Shooting range Recreation
Practical shooting Soil Recreation Shooting range Shooting sport

Shooting an old frying pan. Eggs have stuck to it for the last time
Shooting range Practical shooting Shooting sport Shooting Sport venue

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Was a great day at the range. Was happy with how the 66 functioned and how well I shot it after not having it a while. Jonesy814's grips on the model 60 are a good fit. Were comfortable with shooting .357 mag and the recoil wasn't that much of a factor. Was also impressed on how well I shot my 9mm shield, especially hitting the edge of the pans at 35+ feet I believe. Did a variety of defensive drills and shot single hand and L handed...hit the targets each time.:) We both shot well and enjoyed the afternoon.

·
Super Moderator
14,019 Posts
I like the promotional targets. How are they being distributed by the politician? Does he leave them at gun shops, a booth at gun shows?

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
I picked up 3 packs of promo targets from a booth our local state representative had at a senior expo last year. Will be getting more when they hold the next health fair.😁

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Fun stuff.. I spent the day at a defensive pistol class. No pics. Got to shoot thru a windshield. Not as much
deflection as I expected.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Looks like you had a great day and fun!!! Thanks for sharing guys!!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
You two have MORE fun!

My two friends and I use empty gallon size water jugs hanging on twine between target stands. They work well for basic "move and shoot," especially when combining them with the paper targets on the stands on each side of the bottles. "My girls" are still fairly new to shooting, but they are having a blast learning a new skill or two each time we go out. They are now accurate enough that they very rarely shoot the twine anymore! (No pictures available - we will have to correct that.)

We also have an all steel pistol range at our club, but you have to mostly stand in one place and the girls (both age 69) are really into move and shoot now. Lots more work to do with them, but they are loving every minute of it. They both did well with the simulated restaurant drill: Sitting in a chair, enjoying a meal and at the word "threat", draw and SHOOT that bad guy who just came in, shooting the diners. Next step, pivot, draw and shoot. Of course a bad guy is not standing still like the paper target, but it's one more baby step.

Due to my health issues, our range sessions are limited to about an hour each time, but we try to get out once a week. All of this is good review for me also, and we all need that, right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts