Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally was released from retina surgery to shoot my 29-5. My elevation is at the max and it is still shooting low.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,019 Posts
Move the rear sight in the direction you want the shots to move on target.

If you want the shots on target to rise, move up the rear sight. If "to the max" is already as high as it will go, you might need a different height front sight (a lower one up front).

Double check that the adjustment of the rear sight actually did what you intended, and that everything is assembled and mounted correctly.

·
Premium Member
21,029 Posts
What distance is your target? What weight bullet are you shooting? What pressure is the cartridge?

Reactions: mrerick

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Move the rear sight in the direction you want the shots to move on target.

If you want the shots on target to rise, move up the rear sight. If "to the max" is already as high as it will go, you might need a different height front sight (a lower one up front).

Double check that the adjustment of the rear sight actually did what you intended, and that everything is assembled and mounted correctly.
Thanks for making me re think this , I read the manual again and it is opposite what I thought
"To raise the point of impact, raise the rear sight by turning the elevation screw counterclockwise one or two clicks at a time."
I appreciate this.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
This is why I like fixed sights. Need more elevation just raise the front sight higher. Elmer Keith would mark his front sights with gold bans for different distances. Read his stories and he will describe it to you.:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
"To raise the point of impact, raise the rear sight by turning the elevation screw counterclockwise one or two clicks at a time."
GUNUPDOWNRIGHTLEFT
Smith &
Wesson
C/C/WC/W C/WC/C/W
Hi-Std.C/C/WC/W C/WC/C/W
ColtC/C/WC/WC/C/W C/W
Bo-MarC/C/WC/W C/WC/C/W
RugerC/C/WC/WC/C/W C/W
MicroC/C/WC/WC/C/W C/W

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Thanks for making me re think this , I read the manual again and it is opposite what I thought
I appreciate this.
If it was some Ruger you may have been correct. Some of their rear sights are bass akwards:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts