Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ed Brown are a semi custom pistol that run 2 grand or more a piece. They are 70 series pistols built the old fashioned way with no firing pin blocks, pot metal or MIM injected parts. They are hand fit which will give you a better fit and hopefully a longer lasting pistol.

Anyway, I have a few over here. I sure like Brown 1911's!

Kobra
Kobra Carry
Executive Target
Special Forces

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
500 Magnum Nut said:
Ed Brown are a semi custom pistol that run 2 grand or more a piece. They are 70 series pistols built the old fashioned way with no firing pin blocks, pot metal or MIM injected parts. They are hand fit which will give you a better fit and hopefully a longer lasting pistol.

Anyway, I have a few over here. I sure like Brown 1911's!

Kobra
Kobra Carry
Executive Target
Special Forces
MN you have good taste, expensive... but good.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Yep, some nice ones! I love to look at them and almost bought one/ ordered one down at the SHOT show.
I ended up with another Les Baer instead.... It should arrive in about 2 weeks.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Bobtail is a must have on the commander size gun. I don't care for the balance of it in the 5'' sized pistol, however.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Ed Browns are marvelous pistols, made with precision and pride. I have the Massad Ayoob Signature 1911, and this pistol is probably the closet I will come to perfection .... kfjdrfirii

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
We need pics and a range report! :)

S&W642 said:
The Ed Browns are marvelous pistols, made with precision and pride. I have the Massad Ayoob Signature 1911, and this pistol is probably the closet I will come to perfection .... kfjdrfirii

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Saw a couple Ed Brown's today at a dealer, best trigger action I've ever felt. Might hafta get one. :eek: Saw a couple Nighthawks and Wilsons also, and in my highly uneducated opinion it's Ed Brown. :lol:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I've been fondling the Ed Brown catalog for several weeks and this post is not helping! I've got the idea that I need a SS Kobra with a naked slide, 10/8 rear sight, Novak gold bead front and recessed slide stop. Yup, I've even priced it out.

Now just to move a couple of other guns I'm not using to finance the Brown. Thanks a lot 500 Magnum Nut!

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Cush, one of the guns I saw yesterday was a Brown Custom or Carry Kobra :?: , if I remember correctly because I saw about 2 dozen Browns..Nighthawks..and Wilsons. It was all stainless, the UPS guy was dropping it off at the store as we were speaking with one of the salesmen. A beauty!
I kind of like the 2 tone 1911's, lower in silver, upper in blue or black.
Seems like all of the aforementioned 1911's are more or less in the same price range, all competetively priced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts