Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a 6.5 Quake hit a few minutes before 6PM. I was trying to get the ribs off my smoker when it hit. Last one was around 1983. All is well but it shook up my freshly opened can of barley pop pretty good. :eek:

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Hey Jerry,

Hope you did not suffer any (much?) damage...

Some stuff doesn't show up until later....:(

Later, Mark

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
24 after shocks with more possible,, I hope you like your 'taters shaken, not stirred. Couldn't find any reports of damage but then it's way early and I figure the Kung Flu has sidelined the folks that check bridges and such. Be careful, bridges, roads and old buildings don't like the ground moving.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I got a text asking if I felt it. My response was, There was an earthquake? Mebbe Yellowstone’s fixing to blow. If so, it was nice knowing you all !

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Earthquake? Nah, probably just the ground rumbling because of us poor Washingtonians, next door to you, stomping our feet in response to one of many of Inslee's (Washington Governor, demo, of course) proclamations.

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
Glad all is well. 6.5 is noticeable.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the well wishes! We had a couple pictures fall off the wall, but other than, all is well. The local news this morning said there’s been no structural damage found but we’re up to 45 aftershocks...We only felt the initial quake. At least we got a little excitement to break up the boredom of the “stay at home” order the Governor implemented about 10 days ago.

·
Super Moderator
19,232 Posts
I have many friends up in Coeur d'Alene, and near Spokane. Most of them said they felt it. It must have been a pretty low frequency quake to be felt all the way up there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have many friends up in Coeur d'Alene, and near Spokane. Most of them said they felt it. It must have been a pretty low frequency quake to be felt all the way up there.
GC, I read an article on the USGS website. They were stating the quake was a Horizontal shift, which causes less damage but is felt over a greater area than a Vertical shift. I don’t know much about that stuff, just relaying what I read.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Spent over two decades in northern NV; LOTS of small quakes in that areas (actually more seismically active than the SF Bay area), BUT SF's quakes are a lot more noticeable. I remember Loma Prieta and I remember watching the World Series when it happened. Had a cousin who lives in Marin who happened to be in the stadium; said it was the scariest thing he experienced; and was in Nam for several years. One thing about them that really makes them scary is no warning; even with a tornado, you know conditions are ripe, etc. Quakes just happen.

Glad to hear all seems to be OK and no one was hurt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts