Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the chance to pick up a roughly 1959-1961 Model 38. It has approximately 95% blued original finish, original diamond grips in excellent shape, and mechanically excellent. Two inch barrel is near perfect internally. There is no box or any paperwork. The seller is asking $500. I checked gunbroker and couldn’t find anything that has sold that is comparable. Is this a decent price? Thank you all! Phil

·
Registered
27,108 Posts
A ANIB examples can go for $600+ from what I've seen on GB and other auction sites. A decent used one $400-500 depending on condition. Please post pics once you get it, we'd like to see it.:cool:

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts
If I need a 2" K38 I'd go for it. I paid $422 for my Model 10 ND and am happy with it.

It shipped 9/59

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can't go wrong with an older Smith in good condition. Buy it!!! Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Welcome to this forum from So. Colorado!!!

Gary

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Aluminum framed "humpback". $500 is a decent price in my area if in really nice shape.
Be SURE you open the cylinder, turn it upside down (trigger guard and butt pointing upwards) and look at the frame area inside the yoke cutout where the barrel threads into the frame. The older aluminum framed guns have been known to crack in that area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts