Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this Forum group. Can anyone tell me the approximate date of manufacture of my 44 Magnum with target grips and 8 inch barrel serial number S238473 with cylinder toggle number 89104?
I would really appreciate any help with this ...I know I could look it up in the right book but really dont need the book just a friend who owns one. Thanks.
Alan J. Weaver

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
Don't know when it was manufactured, but as described it shipped from the factory in 1964 or 65.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just joined this Forum group. Can anyone tell me the approximate date of manufacture of my 44 Magnum with target grips and 8 inch barrel serial number S238473 with cylinder toggle number 89104?
I would really appreciate any help with this ...I know I could look it up in the right book but really dont need the book just a friend who owns one. Thanks.
Alan J. Weaver
Don't know when it was manufactured, but as described it shipped from the factory in 1964 or 65.
Well thank you so much. That is quite interesting and that was a very quick response.

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NE Georgia. Please post pics as we love them.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
22,276 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Just like the one I inherited from my dad. Same vintage as well. It will be a 2 screw so mounting a scope is dicey. The one I have kicks like a mule with serious muzzle climb. No wonder dad didn't shoot it much, but then I shoot handloads, he shot factory ammo only. With handloads you can tone it down a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts