Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, can't find this posted previously here, so here goes.
Does anyone have, or have experience with the EAA Windicator in .357magnum, or even the .38spl for that matter. Not quite sure what to think of it. Not impressed with their policy of removing your gun from the repair line of you call for the status on your gun.
other than that, it seems priced right.

http://www.eaacorp.com/handguns-witness ... ption.html

EAA Corp
411 Hawk Street
Rockledge, FL. 32955
Att: Service

VII) How do I track my repair or find the status?

We only track guns by their serial number. Always record your serial number. Remember each time you call on a gun it is removed from the service cycle and put to the end of the line. We try and repair most guns within 30 days. We do not contact you. We just try to repair the gun and get it back to you in the shortest possible time. To track a gun status call 321-639-4842 remember that you must have the serial number to track a repair. Also remember that you must include the $20.00 for return freight on all handguns.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
This gun makes a Charco look good. I would own one on a bet. Save your cash and buy a Model 65, 66 or 19, 13.

Think I'm wrong? Go to a shop and see what they'll give you for your Wind-Indicator used.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Sebago Son said:
This gun makes a Charco look good. I would own one on a bet. Save your cash and buy a Model 65, 66 or 19, 13.

Think I'm wrong? Go to a shop and see what they'll give you for your Wind-Indicator used.
Agreed. I'd be embarassed to own one, and have to tell someone what it was..."yep, this is my windicator"...WTF?? :lol:

·
Registered
19,830 Posts
What's a Windicator.......some type of wind speed indicator? Bob

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
They are ugly and cheap looking l;gmna; , but shoot surprisingly well.

I test drove one a shooting buddy had and couldn't believe how well it grouped any .38 spl. you shoved in it's cylinder. :eek:

·
Registered
656 Posts
I remember when these were introduced as the Vindicator and the company was immediately sued by someone who held the copyright to that name. Hence the change to the meaningless Windicator moniker. All they had to do to was restamp the guns already assembled to alter the V to a W.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
"Is this gun called a Vindicator or a Windicator?"

"It's called a Vindicator."

"Thank you."

"You're velcome!"

·
Registered
7 Posts
sorry to bring this thread up but i dont see the point in starting a new one on em so here it goes.

I bought one of these lillte fellows from a co-worker for $150 for the weapon plus 500rnds of fedral 357mag. factory ammo. I mainly wanted the ammo but hell for 150 i wasnt going to complain. He had fired the weapon only twice. The first thing i did was strip it down, lube it up, clean it and reassemble. This thing was as dry as a popcorn fart. Once it got lubed well it seemed to function much better. I then went to the range..AKA..my back yard. I put 50rnds of 38spl through it with out a problem pretty decent grouping as well. I then began dumping some 357mag through her. The grouping was nice but she was a little hard hitting. Turns out the 357 was a little much. It broke the screw that holds the cylinder relaese slide in place. I replaced the screw and have since put another 300 or so rnds of 38spl with out a hicup. All in all with a little fine tuning it seems to be a good little toy. I use the word toy as this falls into the same group as a few of my hi-points. Somthing fun to play with but i would not trust my life to it. Maybe in a glove box role or something but that is about it. I would recomend picking one up if you can find a nice little deal but i wouldnt recomend spending the $250 that Gander Mountian wants for one.

These are simply my opionions please dont take offence. Thanks -Bob

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no offense taken! I do not own one, just thought it was interesting. May make a decent truck/tackle/toolbox gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts