Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local FFL guy has a used, full-sized, stainless Witness in .45 ACP. According to the serial # it's 20 years old. I haven't shot or dismantled it yet but b4 I do I wanted to get some opinions. Cosmetically it looks to be in good shape, and in browsing some Internet sites it gets mostly favorable reviews. On average I've seen it go for in the 500-600 dollar price range. He has it tagged at $400. Anyone have any thoughts on it? Thanx.

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've never owned the 45 but I have owned a few Witness in 9mm. They have been reliable and accurate. They are CZ clones and are popular among the Cz fans. A shop near me has one and is priced over $500 so the price of yours is pretty good.

Reactions: 5150

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
My son has a 9mm Witness with thousands of rounds thru it. Never missed a beat. I'd buy one in 45.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Never owned one, always heard good things about them. Had i the funds, i would not hesitate to buy one.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I owned a Witness in 9 mm many moons ago. It felt great in my hand but I never found an ammo it liked to print on paper.An inaccurate gun has no place in my home.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I owned a Witness in 9 mm many moons ago. It felt great in my hand but I never found an ammo it liked to print on paper.An inaccurate gun has no place in my home.
Thanx for your feedback. I'm trying to gauge opinions here to help me make a decision. So far they have been heavily favorable across the board. Did you happen to find a problem with yours, or did you just feel it was inaccurate?

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

1 - 6 of 6 Posts