Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I drove a friends van out to Dumont dunes about a hour from my house out in death valley.My friend was crippled in a auto acident a few years ago and his pool guy invited him out to ride in his buggy.After his friend hauled him around on the dunes I got offered a ride.
I took the cam along and snapped some shots ripping around in this 300 horsepower VW powered buggy.Although pics look like we are sitting still we are doing around 100 miles an hour.You can see in one picture the clouds at a slant showing at what angle the buggy was at when I snapped the picture.
It reminded me of riding snowmobiles in basins and if I were not moving back up north I found something I would be definately get addicted to.
The power to weight ratio of the 300 horse buggy being wrung out was unbelievable.

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
There are a number of people around here that go to the dunes {down by Yuma} with fire breathing, AV gas burning, super charged, tube framed two seaters. We had one for a while, but looking for more HP {horse power} was more expensive than looking for a RM

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hey onenut, you should try one of those "sand cars" as they are called. 550 HP Chevy aluminum v8, 4-5 seater, with at least 24-30" of travel front and back. My wife's cousin has one, and at Glamis (where he takes it) it will climb the steepest hill doing a WHEELIE!!! :shock: Trouble is they cost upwards of $100k!!! omg01 The closest I will ever come to one is to ride in it, as that kind of funding will buy LOTS of S&Ws!!! ;)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Kool Pics!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for Sharin'

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah there were some of those out there.I should have taken some pictures of them.They were doing some long jumps and ripping around all over the place.I think If I was going to spend much time at the dunes I would go buy a used cr 500 and put a paddle tire on it.Like you say the big bucks you can drop in those buggys could buy some realy nice smith and wessons that taughnt my dreams.
I like things that go real fast off road though and better not go hanging around any buggy freaks or I will be one myself.A good used big bore dirt bike makes my adrenaline run to and they are way cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts