Registered
10,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A different way for grouse - Scottish style

Reactions: Victor N TN

·
Registered
93 Posts
The most surprised (at the time) of my young life, I was walking out from deer hunting, right beside a fence row. The fence had a 5 or 6 foot wide streak of blackberry briars and other growth on either side of the barbed wire. Suddenly...! I thought a helicopter fired up and took off right when my left foot was almost even with it and less than 2 feet from it. (That was just a couple of months before my wife and I were married. I had NOT learned to carry a clean and dry pair of underwear in my coat pocket.) Needless to say to anyone that has had that experience, I thought my heart was going to fail... On the spot! That small brown helicopter rose about 2 to 3 feet above ground level and flew straight away at about 60 MPH. I didn't even get my rifle raised...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thank you Abby'sDad. That brought back some good, good memories from the old days.

It actually hasn't changed much in 35 years. The vehicles back then were always Land Rovers. The guns were mainly S/S with just the occasional O/U. Nobody arrived in a helicopter. And, as I remember it, the birds flew a lot faster. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts