Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m sure there’s a company that accurately duplicates square butt target stocks for round butt revolvers but I just haven’t found it yet. I guess I should be specific and state that I am aware of Eagle but have no first-hand experience. I have a set of Altamonts for the 629 I recently put a photo up of but they’re just too darn thin. If anyone knows what companies make grips as thick as originals I know the forum would. Thank you, Brian

·
Premium Member
13,651 Posts
Start with a Google search on "smith wesson square butt conversion grips" and see what you get...

Reactions: Bumpus

·
Registered
29,965 Posts
Ebay has what your looking for...just type in S&W square butt to round butt wood grips and you will get quite a selection to choose from.

Reactions: gunhacker

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the point is being missed. I can certainly find round to square conversions but I was looking to see which ones are as thick as originals.
Many of the ones described or suggested so far have been the thin styles like the ones that come on “classic“ series Smiths.
What I thought would be closest from my searching is the Eagle Coke style which has been brought up here as well. I’ll try them out next. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think the point is being missed. I can certainly find round to square conversions but I was looking to see which ones are as thick as originals.
Many of the ones described or suggested so far have been the thin styles like the ones that come on “classic“ series Smiths.
What I thought would be closest from my searching is the Eagle Coke style which has been brought up here as well. I’ll try them out next. Thanks everyone.
I know what you mean.

For example: the Ahrends square conversion Retro Targets (maple) on my M66 are very nice & feel great in the hand ... But, they simply aren’t as thick as the original Targets on my M19

There is a noticeable difference in feel.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
What it sounds like you're looking for are new round to square grips that are like the OLD S&W grips. Is that correct?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Altamont has been the factory supplier of all S&W grips (except rubber) for many years. CajunBass probably hit the nail on the head referencing OLD S&W grips. Guess you would have to take the dimensions of what you want and contact each manufacturer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.